tModLoader Mechanic's Paradise/Drop Swappers

Saikoureality

Eye of Cthulhu
Hello! This is the Mechanic's Paradise and Drop Swapper mod for Terraria. It adds some less costly ways to get traps/wires for your mechanical needs, as well as allowing conversion of boss drops through the magical Ultimate Loot Re-Constructor!

Compatible with Terraria 1.3.5.2/tModLoader 0.10.0.2 (shouldn't become unusable with new versions unless recipes are overhauled)

Rod of Discord: 200 Soul of Light, 99 Crystal Shard, 20 Soul of Sight @ Mythril Anvil
Crimson Mimic drops (except Tendon Hook): Corruption Mimic drop alternative (except Worm Hook) and vice versa @ Mythril Anvil
Honey Comb: 10 Bottled Honey, 3 Bee Wax @ Tinkerer's Workshop
All Wall of Flesh emblems can be turned into any other WoF emblem by hand.
Crystal Serpent: 20 Princess Fish, 15 Crystal Shard, 10 Soul of Light @ Mythril Anvil
Toxikarp: 20 Ebonkoi, 15 Spider Fang, 10 Soul of Night @ Mythril Anvil
Bladetongue: 20 Hemopiranna, 15 Ichor, 10 Soul of Night @ Mythril Anvil
Sun Stone: 500 Stone, 40 Daybloom, 30 Soul of Light @ Lihzahrd Furnace
Moon Stone: 500 Stone, 40 Moonglow, 30 Soul of Night @ Lihzahrd Furnace
Celestial Magnet: 1 Lucky Horseshoe, 5 Heartreach Potion, 2 Mana Crystal @ Tinkerer's Workshop
Unhallowed Shard: Corresponds to Wall of Flesh. Converts to/from all drops except emblems.
Shadowflame: Corresponds to Goblin Summoner. All Shadowflame-based items convert to/from this.
Fool's Gold: Corresponds to Pirate Invasion. All Pirate items except the Coin Gun convert to/from this.
Heavy Petal: Corresponds to Plantera. All drops except the Hook convert to/from this.
Lihzahrd Core Shard: Corresponds to Golem. All drops except the Sun Stone convert to/from this.
Torn Gift Wrapping: Corresponds to the Frost Moon. All drops except pets/mounts/hooks/wings convert to/from this.
Fishron Scale: Corresponds to Duke Fishron. All drops except wings convert to this, all drops convert from.
Lunar Heart: Corresponds to Moon Lord. All weapon drops convert to/from this.
Martian Energy Core: Corresponds to Martian Saucer. All drops except mount and hook convert to/from this.
Ultimate Loot Reconstructor: 1 Furnace, 20 Gold Bars @ Tinkerer's Workshop
- This forge allows you to change boss loot using bridging materials, but it is not an equivalent exchange. Put each new material into the Guide's menu to show how to craft each drop!

The source code is at https://github.com/Psychoreality/MechParadise for anyone who wants to look at it.

It's recommended you use this mod with the imkSushi Mod (the creator's super cool, he's even endorsing this mod) for the full experience.

-Mod created
-Added Martian Energy Core
-Some fixes to code
-Added Fishron Scale
-Added Unhallowed Shard
-Added the new crafting station, Ultimate Loot Reconstructor
-Implemented use of the Ultimate Loot Reconstructor
-Fully implemented Shadowflame item
-Added Lunar Heart
-Added Heavy Petal
-Fully implemented Fool's Gold, Martian Energy Core, Unhallowed Shard and Fishron Scale
-Added recipe for Rod of Discord
-Fully implemented Heavy Petal and Lunar Heart
-Balanced Fool's Gold
-Fixed many, many bugs
-Began implementation of Torn Gift Wrapping
-Recipes for Pumpkin Moon drops added
-Rebalancing of Plantera drop recipes
-Full implementation of Holiday Moon recipes
-Added Lihzahrd Core Shard
-Many, many, many bugfixes
-Fixed sprite of Torn Gift Wrapping
-Mod fully released, including the final name decided
- Queen Bee drop swaps added
- Mod ported to tModLoader 0.10 (after a lot of work)

Download here (MediaFire for now, will replace with direct download once I can publish)

Credits
@bluemagic123, @jopojelly and the rest of the tModLoader team for creating this awesome API (the two mentioned have also personally helped me with bugfixing)
@imkSushi, without his mod I wouldn't be motivated to fill the gaps he left.
@Zoaklen (finally figured out who this was), helped with bug testing since I can't compile on Mac without a massive download.
@Iriazul, for beta testing and doing massive bug fixes. Huge props to you, dude.

Last edited:
Hello there! This is my first mod for Terraria, so I hope people enjoy it. This mod will add:
- Recipes for all traps
- Recipes for boss/invasion drops and boss drop conversions (except Expert Mode loot drops)
- Recipes for some enemy statues and accessories
- Potentially a new crafting station?

However, all I have in the mod after a month of work is:
- Recipes for all traps
- 2 new materials: Shadowflame and Fool's Gold (for the HM Goblin and Pirate invasions)
- Recipes for some enemy statues and accessories (more planned)

The source code is at https://GitHub.com/Psychoreality/TerrariaQuickRecipes for anyone who wants to build the mod in its heavily WIP state right now.

I can do the sprites on my own for now, but I need someone who can help code the materials for bosses. The goal is to get them to drop instead of materials, but in Expert Mode have them drop as well as the vanilla Treasure Bag. This gives even more reward for the challenge of playing in Expert Mode. That way people wanting a specific boss drop can craft it, and if they get something they don't want from the Treasure Bag they can deconstruct it into its raw materials and convert it to a drop they do want. Rarer drops would, of course, cost more (~5x as much for a rare drop like The Axe, 2x as much for something like Book of Skulls and Fishron Wings). Since I'm working on a Mac right now also, I would require the secondary coder to compile new builds also. If you're interested, you can contact me on the tModLoader Discord.

Credits
@bluemagic123, @jopojelly and the rest of the tModLoader team for creating this awesome API (the two mentioned have also personally helped me with bugfixing)
@imkSushi, without his mod I wouldn't be motivated to fill the gaps he left.
Cool mod.
What do you mean by boss drop conversions?
Also, for my mods 2.5.0, I was planning to add a Tinker Table Jr, to make ore conversion possible before the Goblin Invasion.
In my mod, I forgot about adding recipes for traps, so that will come in 2.5.0, but if your mod is installed, then it will default to your recipes, just like if @Fargowilta s mod is installed, then in 2.5.0, boss summoning items will be sold by his npc. Basically, if I make my mod somewhat conflict with another mod, I will make sure that their mod takes priority when I code compatibility, so no one has to worry about incompatibility between mods, or some mods swallowing up other ones.
If you are confused by what I said, ignore it.

Basically, I approve of your mod.

Cool mod.
What do you mean by boss drop conversions?
Also, for my mods 2.5.0, I was planning to add a Tinker Table Jr, to make ore conversion possible before the Goblin Invasion.
In my mod, I forgot about adding recipes for traps, so that will come in 2.5.0, but if your mod is installed, then it will default to your recipes, just like if @Fargowilta s mod is installed, then in 2.5.0, boss summoning items will be sold by his npc. Basically, if I make my mod somewhat conflict with another mod, I will make sure that their mod takes priority when I code compatibility, so no one has to worry about incompatibility between mods, or some mods swallowing up other ones.
If you are confused by what I said, ignore it.

Basically, I approve of your mod.
Thank you so much. As for the "boss drop conversion" thing, I'll essentially be creating a bridging material that will allow you to change boss drops into each other, albeit with some expense. Say you want Fishron Wings. You'd need to change at least 2 drops into the bridging material to craft it, which means fighting a maximum of 2 Fishrons, which balances it out somewhat. The plan is also to make these materials drop from the boss themselves, which means if you DO get what you want straight up, you don't have to feel obligated to convert it to get another thing you might want faster. That's the planned function, at least; I need to figure out the implementation of it before that.
You're being super nice by supporting the mod. I've been using yours for months and I love using it, and like I said I really wanted to fill some of the gaps in your mod's crafting trees. Thanks.

Also, quick note. For those who are building the mod in its WIP state, please post bugs here. I'll note them on the Git and in my To Do, so people (and me) know that they need fixing. I'll be syncing up the patch that adds Martian Energy Core soon.

EDIT: Patch 0.1.1 has been pushed to the Git.
-Martian Energy Core added, all Martian Saucer drops except the hook and Cosmic Car Key can be deconstructed
-Mod display name now Terraria Quick Recipes, as read from build.txt

Last edited:
This seems really cool! Can't wait to download it :)
Thanks! I can't wait to be able to distribute the mod properly, but it's early days right now. Speaking of getting ready for distribution, I'm finally starting on the main meat of the mod; Boss loot conversions. Next patch will add the actual conversions, including the new crafting station (the Conversion Altar/Material Manipulator, name isn't final) but this latest patch adds something new.
Patch 0.1.1.a
-Fishron Scale added. Guess which boss this corresponds to?
is it skeletron?
No. It's Duke Fishron. All items except wings can be converted into Fishron Scales right now.

Patch 0.2 released.
- Added the Unhallowed Shard item, the Wall of Flesh bridging material.
- Added Ultimate Loot Reconstructor, the new crafting station.

Patches 0.2.1 and 0.2.2 released.
- Several bug fixes.
- Added Lunar Heart, Moon Lord bridging material.
- Added Heavy Petal, Plantera bridging material.
- Shadowflame, Fool's Gold, Martian Energy Core, Unhallowed Shard and Fishron Scale are all fully implemented.
-Added Rod of Discord recipe (almost forgot this one happened, lol)

Last edited:
0.3 Patch released.
- Balanced Fool's Gold better in the Discount Card and Lucky Coin recipes.
- Fully implemented Heavy Petal and Lunar Heart.
- Minor bug fix.
- Added description.txt in anticipation for full release on the Mod Browser. (Soon...)

Next on the agenda is the crafting of Pumpkin Moon and Frost Moon drops. I'll also look at Golem and Solar Eclipse, but Solar Eclipse is a "maybe" for implementation. If people want it, it'll probably be introduced after the release of the mod.

0.3.1 Patch released.
- Fixed bugs in pretty much all of the code involving modded items.
- Began implementation of Frost Moon bridging material, the Torn Gift Wrapping.
- Made recipes for some of the Pumpkin Moon items, using Spooky Wood as a base.
- This was a few patches ago, but I also added Queen Bee drop crafting.

Last edited:
Patch 0.4 released.
- Some rebalancing and fixes to Heavy Petal recipes
- Pumpkin Moon and Frost Moon item recipes fully implemented
- Biome Mimic drops (except the Hook) are now swappable between Crimson and Corruption

One more addition. I'm so close to being done with this mod! All I need to do is make Book of Skulls and the Golem drops craftable and the mod will be released! This is why I'm looking for beta testers for my mod starting now. Send a message my way on either here or Discord (My tag on there is Psychoreality) if you have a Windows computer and I'll talk you through compiling and bug-testing. I'd recommend you use Cheat Sheet if you wish to beta test, and just go through all the boss drops to check that the recipes exist. I only really need one, but for anyone interesting in testing I'll accept as many applications as I get.

Version 1.0 released.
- Fleshed out feature list in OP.
- Added Lihzahrd Core Shard.
- Made Book of Skulls craftable.
- Mod is now on mod browser.

Can u pls make the uncraftable statues craftable ? liek teh sliem stateu or bat sttue ?
i wld reallei apreacetie t

Whoa, it's been quite some time. Sorry for not updating, since I assumed the mod was finished. I came back to the old files... and I forgot to add Queen Bee swaps. Oops.

Version 1.1
- Queen Bee drop swaps added.

Now downloadable from GitHub, as soon as I can compile it it should be available on the Mod Browser too.

Didn't know this existed but I guess I copied it since it came first. Cool mod for filling in imksushi's gaps.

Sorry about how utterly broken the mod's been this past week. I fixed up basically everything about the mod, and now it all works (I hope). As of now, the new update still isn't on the browser, so please download from the MediaFire link in the OP. Very sorry for the inconvenience, but please enjoy the mod.

There is, it should be a Hellforge and 20 Gold or Platinum bars at an Anvil. Last I checked that recipe worked, just give the Hellforge to the Guide and see if it will show up.

Back
Top Bottom