Items Mediumcore and Hardcore Death Need a change?

Mom

Terrarian
i only play terraria alone its not as enjoyable when i play co op and with solo play comes different struggles and challenges as it is vice versa.
i want to focus on the drop on death aspect for all medium-core, and hard-core characters. when you die items fly about and roll to a stop staying put. which is fine until you realise that mainly on hardcore, items are deleted because on solo you are forced to exit the world to make a new character. i mean you can sit around as a ghost staring at that sweet legendary terra blade but you know that its already out of reach, and there's nothing you can do about it. or is there?

i propose something that acts like a chest that is temporary like your body turns into a lootable corpse more or less and it eventualy disapears within 10 or 15 minutes. i think the money should still drop seperatly for monsters to take and run off with because it would stay true to that part already implemented, but when you dont have a friend to run on over to the dead body and grab your stuff which i know people do. who wouldn't? so why not give the solo players a little bit of a hand i love playing on a world of permadeath characters only because it leaves the essence of a past within old buildings but eventually all the loot is deleted if you keep dying and then you are forced to move on to a new world. which is why i thought of this. it preserves the individual worlds items.

i only play terraria alone its not as enjoyable when i play co op and with solo play comes different struggles and challenges as it is vice versa.
i want to focus on the drop on death aspect for all medium-core, and hard-core characters. when you die items fly about and roll to a stop staying put. which is fine until you realise that mainly on hardcore, items are deleted because on solo you are forced to exit the world to make a new character. i mean you can sit around as a ghost staring at that sweet legendary terra blade but you know that its already out of reach, and there's nothing you can do about it. or is there?

i propose something that acts like a chest that is temporary like your body turns into a lootable corpse more or less and it eventualy disapears within 10 or 15 minutes. i think the money should still drop seperatly for monsters to take and run off with because it would stay true to that part already implemented, but when you dont have a friend to run on over to the dead body and grab your stuff which i know people do. who wouldn't? so why not give the solo players a little bit of a hand i love playing on a world of permadeath characters only because it leaves the essence of a past within old buildings but eventually all the loot is deleted if you keep dying and then you are forced to move on to a new world. which is why i thought of this. it preserves the individual worlds items.
Does this not completely ruin the point of Hardcore? If you can just make a new character and get all of your stuff back, there’s no point.

Basically, no.

Does this not completely ruin the point of Hardcore? If you can just make a new character and get all of your stuff back, there’s no point.

Basically, no.

my interpretation of hardcore is having a new character not deleting materials outright from the world that was all. but ya i get your point i just wanted to think of something, it doesnt feel balanced

Back
Top Bottom