Items Metal/Ore Boomerangs

Kubiquity^3 🌳

Living Tree
This class of weapons needs some changes and expansion.

This idea is a nod to the Zelda series and because they would be awesome weapons to use in game. Keeping it simple there should be a boomerang for each metal/ore type. As far as recipes for these I think it should be 10 ore bars for crafting each of them.

The wooden boomerang, enchanted boomerang, bananarang, flamarang, ice boomerang, shroomerang, fruitcake and thorn chakram, light disc, sergeant united shield, and possessed hatchet (after all it’s possessed) are all acceptable boomerangs to me as is.

However the paladin‘s hammer (sprite needs to be smaller), bloody machete (I’m on the fence), combat wrench, and flying knife (I’m on the fence) do not make any sense to me. These I believe should be melee only weapons that are not thrown. The Flying knife and bloody machete I could accept either way ultimately. The combat wrench though should be melee. The paladin’s hammer sprite is just too big (especially in relation to the rest of the screen) and has always caused me to not use it.

Please show support for this and comment and/or like this post. 😁

Last edited:
As a nod to the Zelda series and because they would be awesome weapons to use in game. Keeping it simple there should be a wooden boomerang, an enchanted boomerang, and then a boomerang for each metal/ore type. As far as recipes for these I would keep it simple at 10 pieces of wood or 10 ore bars for crafting them. The enchanted boomerang could use a 3 fallen stars as well and/or be found in chests in the forest.
Boomerangs have existed in the game for who knows how long... I can at the very least list Bananarang being around since at least 1.2.4, but I only started playing during the 1.3 era so I can't say any other versions... But almost all of the boomerangs in the game were there when I started

I forgot about those, and I do like them but they aren’t typical normal shaped boomerangs…there are no metal ones. I’ll tweak my post today but as a class of weapons it needs some work. A knife or machete is not a boomerang for instance. Bananarang I get for its sense of humor. Flamarang and enchanted boomerang are good. If you have any input @Esther by all means I’ll listen.

However the paladin‘s hammer, bloody machete, combat wrench, and flying knife do not make any sense to me. These I believe should be melee only weapons that are not thrown. Flying knife I could accept either way ultimately.
How does magically returning weapons in a fantasy game not make sense unless it's a boomerang?

The Paladin's Hammer is a subtle reference to Mjollnir, which was Thor's hammer that returned back to him once thrown.
The Flying Knife is enchanted with hallow magic, not only does it return, you can even control it's flight as well.
The Bloody Machete is already an odd weapon, but I don't see the need to change it to make "more sense" either, in my case it could be just Halloween magic.
This leaves the Mechanic's wrench as the only non-magical, non-boomerang weapon that returns, and yet still, it looks more unique than if it was just another broadsword, to me it makes sense that the wrench on the mechanic's back may be a little more unique than the other 'broadsword' weapons the NPC's uses. She was the only one that had it equipped since her introduction.

The size of the paladin’s hammer is what puts me off first and foremost. The combat wrench simply has zero reference. The flying knife really could go either way to me…I’m in the middle. The bloody machete just has zero logic of any type or reference but I could still go either way. To each his own but the foremost thing I’m discussing here is adding metal boomerangs. So “more sense” in your attempt at dismissiveness is valid whether you like it or not.

ps Boomerangs actually do return to the thrower in real life, and I like the magical possessed hatchet. The paladin’s hammer sprite just needs to be smaller. It has always caused me to not use it. So really the only 1 I have issue with is the combat wrench and the sprite size of the paladin’s hammer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom