Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
So I was playing Terraria like a year ago and after a long break I decided to play again, with new map and new character. In expert mode.
I defeated Eater of Worlds and after a midnight I received notification that meteor has landed. As previously, I expected it to be somewhere on the surface (like I did multiple times a year ago), but I am unable to find it. Some people on old reddit threads suggested that it could be in the clouds, but none of them had it.

"Okay" I thought, time to create a new world purely for meteorite ore. I defeated Eather of Worlds in a new map, and received notification as expected. Again - map surface does not contain meteorite once again. And then I found this: so I jumped into conclusion that meteorite spawn location is totally broken.

Any suggestions? P.S. Also wrote here.

It's a little tricky how the meteor generation works, but yeah, technically the check went through the hellevator and it replaces the surrounding blocks with meteorite.

Highly unusual to see this happening twice.

For your main world, I recommend checking out the pits oin your Crimson/Corruption. They can 'thread the needle' in those spaces as well. It's both a blessing and a curse, as when they drop that way they're liable to have a lot more blocks around to transform into meteorite.

It's a little tricky how the meteor generation works, but yeah, technically the check went through the hellevator and it replaces the surrounding blocks with meteorite.

Highly unusual to see this happening twice.
Yeah it's like 1/1 008 000 000 chance of happening

Despite the odds, the first meteor in each of the last three or four master games has landed in the bottom of a corrupt chasm. And in one case, it had to pass through a 2-tile gap in a skybridge to get there.

I'm starting to wonder whether the algorithm weights things by how deeply it penetrates the world...

Skybridges are rarely counted toward where they can fall. A certain number of non-cloud/Skyplate blocks need to be in an area to calculate a 'fall'. That's why they seem to pass through skybridges.

You could have a one block wide skybridge across the *entirety* of your world, and it would still 'miss' it and hit the ground (or another large body of land).

Back
Top Bottom