Mobile Migrate from iOS to Android (Amazon Fire)

EonsOfZaphod

Terrarian
Hi,

My son has a set of characters and worlds on an iOS device, and he's getting an Amazon Fire tablet for his birthday in a few weeks.

I know it's going to be hard, but is it even possible to move this over? I have plenty of tech tools (and hopefully skills), but as I don't know which files are important and where they need to go from one device to another, I was wondering if anyone has ever done this.

I've contacted 505Games Support, and they just told me to log a bug (which I've done, but not hopeful for a reply).

Any and all help and advice gratefully received!

Thanks

Hi,

My son has a set of characters and worlds on an iOS device, and he's getting an Amazon Fire tablet for his birthday in a few weeks.

I know it's going to be hard, but is it even possible to move this over? I have plenty of tech tools (and hopefully skills), but as I don't know which files are important and where they need to go from one device to another, I was wondering if anyone has ever done this.

I've contacted 505Games Support, and they just told me to log a bug (which I've done, but not hopeful for a reply).

Any and all help and advice gratefully received!

Thanks
Hi there @EonsOfZaphod, as far as I know, there would be no way to move characters and players from iOS to Android or Amazon. They use completely different cloud services which is how the files would be moved within the game. Moving the files outside of the game would require methods which, if they exist, would not be officially supported.

I wouldn't think this to be a bug, but rather how the game is intentionally created, so I'm confused why they would have you fill out a bug report unless logging it as a bug is another way to get feedback into their system, which could be the case.

Sorry I don't have better news. If it's any help, a lot of players do find starting over with a fresh character and brand new world to be fun and a way to replay the game. (But I also understand missing all your powerful gear and weapons).

Back
Top Bottom