Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Meh

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No! don't touch my sweet chest babies!! ;w;

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

AzureDrag0n

Terrarian
Have you ever thought; "Hey, the mimic sprite compared to the biome mimics looks kinda bland, why doesn't someone change that?" Well, here is my take on a new mimic design!(textures/sprites/shading worked/reworked by Bry-ccentric, love that guy[no homo])

oNlGy8H.png
Q: But wouldn't they have to revamp chest sprites?
A: Yes, yes they would, but that Isn't a bad thing now is it? they've always needed better work to em! (Or perhaps, read the lore of mimics where they could disguise themselves as basic chests in a poof of smoke?)

Last edited:
I don't think this is needed and may even detract from the game in a subtle way. Because the biome mimics are supposed to be a bigger threat than the standard mimics. So it makes sense that they'd look cooler.

If they revamp the chest sprites, then players can easily distinguish which one is a mimic by looking at shading. Which can be a bit unfair for the mimics

I don't think this is needed and may even detract from the game in a subtle way. Because the biome mimics are supposed to be a bigger threat than the standard mimics. So it makes sense that they'd look cooler.
Could maybe be a rare variant of the normal Mimic.
Or a straight-up replacement, after a certain point in time (Post-Plantera?).
If they revamp the chest sprites, then players can easily distinguish which one is a mimic by looking at shading. Which can be a bit unfair for the mimics
Both the actual chest and the Mimic would use the same sprite, I'd imagine.

These are actually some pretty good sprites! It would be cool to something like this in game, but the sprites are much too big for normal mimics. Maybe if you made something like that, just smaller to match the size, it would work. I like it though!

Back
Top Bottom