Minecart four way intersection tutorial (compact, no wire)

Was this useful for you?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

zadirion

Terrarian
I've been spending a lot of time designing a four-way minecart intersection that is compact, easy to use, and works at full minecart speed.
I believe this is the first design of its kind, haven't found any other on the internet.
Enjoy, and don't forget to subscribe if you liked it.

P.S (turning it into a 6-way intersection is easy. I'll leave it to you as a homework to figure out how)

Forgot to mention, turning it into a 6-way intersection will lead to confusing controls though.
Also, I am curious. What kind of intersections do you guys use?

Hmmm, I think you could probably make it even neater and simpler with straight line crossings. Stick up some simple screen shots diagrams too.;) I imagine a 6 way would work all right if you just stagger the crossings a little (to make 3 x 4-way intersections). I challenge you to make it more user-friendly. :)

Straight line crossings don't work. You need to be able to go any direction, when coming from any direction. You can't do that with straight line crossings.
For example, while coming from A, you can't switch to going towards D with the straight line crossings design (ignore the underscores):
_____ C
_____/
____/
A --------------------- B
___/
__/
D

Well, I guess what I meant was: can't you keep the diagonal track kink-free for continuing straight over? Then have your clover leaf track changing connections too, of course.
I am not sure I understand what you mean. Going from D towards C and not pressing any button lets you traverse it without any button press.

Going from D towards C and not pressing any button lets you traverse it without any button press.
Sure, it's good. I'm just finnickity and wondering if you keep the diagonal line totally straight through the interchange, without zig-zag, coming out along the same line it went in at.... Sorry, don't worry. :)

oh. OH! I see what you mean now. See, I'm finnicky too, I tried to do that, but then I encountered difficulties in designing a way of traversing from D to A by just holding down a key while traversing the intersection.

Back
Top Bottom