Good idea?

• Yes!

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sodapone🌳

Wall of Flesh
I just randomly thought of this idea, and then realized that it could actually make for something really interesting. This could be seen as a sort of Magic Tank class.

So firstly, let's go over the armor itself.

Mirror Mask
Defense: 20
Other effects: Increases maximum mana by 40
2% of damage taken is reflected back at the enemy
5% increased magic damage and critical strike chance
Crafting
x3 Mirror Shard
x8 Luminite Bar

Mirror Robe
Defense: 26
Other effects: 8% of damage taken is reflected back at the enemy
4% of magic damage dealt is returned as health
5% increased magic damage and critical strike chance
Crafting
x8 Mirror Shard
x16 Luminite Bar

Mirror Pants
Defense: 24
Other effects: 5% of damage taken is reflected back at the enemy
8% increased magic damage
10% increased movement speed
Crafting
x5 Mirror Shard
x12 Luminite Bar

And so, the full armor set is:

Mirror Armor
Total Defense: 70
Effects: 15% of damage taken is reflected back at the enemy
4% of magic damage dealt is returned as health
18% increased magic damage
10% increased magic critical strike chance
10% increased movement speed
Set bonus: Double-tap down to toggle a Mirror Shield; the Mirror Shield reflects all incoming damage and projectiles at the cost of mana
Specific: 20 mana is consumed per tick while the Mirror Shield is active.

So, how do you get Mirror Shards?

Mirror Shard
Material to craft Mirror Armor.
Crafting (produces 3)
x2 Ectoplasm
x3 Hallowed Bar

I'm also considering a craftable weapon, but I'm not totally sure what to do. But what do you think?

Last edited:
This seems entertaining to use. Paladin hunting would never be so fun.

Perhaps a weapon made from those shards would be able to send projectiles in a random direction when they strike one. That way it doesn't invalidate the set bonus of this but still remains somewhat consistent with it.

Although this is a double post it is not against the rules due to me adding a significant amount of content.

Magic - When I said reflect projectiles I didn't just mean enemy projectiles. Imagine a weapon that had the mechanic of the magic harp of variable projectile speed with projectiles that powered up after being reflected. You would be able to fire slow moving projectiles into the air and fire fast moving ones to catch up with those.
Melee - A Sword that has no projectiles of its own but has a higher chance to reflect projectiles back to their source than the other projectiles. Either that or increase the power and speed of the projectiles for the world's most dangerous game of tennis.

Looking Glass Blade

Lowish damage for that tier

On hit: 4-8 Spectre orbs fire from target and go after other targets, but never the one you just hit.

What do you think? If I could sprite worth a damn I'd throw something together, but I am creatively challenged. :l

It would be cool if this wasn't a magic mini-class but instead when you took damage it would amplify it and store it in a special weapon, then you could use it whenever.

Edit: So like a stand-alone reflector class.

It would be cool if this wasn't a magic mini-class but instead when you took damage it would amplify it and store it in a special weapon, then you could use it whenever.

Edit: So like a stand-alone reflector class.

It should remain magic. That affect could still fit under magic, as it is rather broad. Plus, making it a new class would require it to be fleshed out throughout the game, rather than being a unique set available.

Also, not sure how it would link the stored damage to a weapon. Though, having it store damage then unleashing it with vv would be cool. That might need it's own thread though ;) As it doesn't really fit with the whole mirror reflection idea

It should remain magic. That affect could still fit under magic, as it is rather broad. Plus, making it a new class would require it to be fleshed out throughout the game, rather than being a unique set available.

Also, not sure how it would link the stored damage to a weapon. Though, having it store damage then unleashing it with vv would be cool. That might need it's own thread though ;) As it doesn't really fit with the whole mirror reflection idea
Thrower has two armours and then nothing more. So why not this?

Thrower has two armours and then nothing more. So why not this?

Because I have hope that throwers will either be remerged with ranged or, preferably, be fleshed out to be a full class. Summoner started off small, and still has room to expand.

This also isn't really a flexible enough to be a separate class. It would just be the same armor over and over again. And if implemented like you proposed, the same weapon over and over again.

Because I have hope that throwers will either be remerged with ranged or, preferably, be fleshed out to be a full class. Summoner started off small, and still has room to expand.

This also isn't really a flexible enough to be a separate class. It would just be the same armor over and over again. And if implemented like you proposed, the same weapon over and over again.
Well, I do hope thrower will be fleshed out into a full class, maybe in two or three major updates time, and as for the mirror class,like summoner would have several levels of weapons amplifying what damage you give back is multiplied by. Idk..

Well, I do hope thrower will be fleshed out into a full class, maybe in two or three major updates time, and as for the mirror class,like summoner would have several levels of weapons amplifying what damage you give back is multiplied by. Idk..
implying there will be another major update

I feel as though mirrors shouldn't protect against projectiles (bullets, explosives, arrows, etc.) but rather completely nullify magic damage. Other than that, and the incredibly powerful set bonus, it seems good. I think it should be early-game (similar to fossil), and crafted with glass and silver (what real mirrors are made of).

Back
Top Bottom