Sprites Mirror Shield (Ankh Shield + Pocket Mirror)

Minik

Terrarian
This is just a simple piece of equipment which I got the idea from Zelda, it combines the Ankh Shield and Pocket Mirror to make a nice shiny shield which also protects from one more debuff than the Ankh shield.
7BT4bZP.png

I had a similar idea, but instead of being tacked on after the ankh shield was finished, the pocket mirror was combined with the blind fold, then the rest of the immunity items.

I had a similar idea, but instead of being tacked on after the ankh shield was finished, the pocket mirror was combined with the blind fold, then the rest of the immunity items.
I thought about that but the mirror part turns it into a new shield, not the ankh shield. I wouldn't mind if it was made into part of the Ankh charm though.

I thought about that but the mirror part turns it into a new shield, not the ankh shield.
But then wouldn't we need more defense, too? The Cobalt Shield has 1 defense, the Obsidian has 2, and the Ankh has 4. So the Mirror would need... 8? Seems a bit excessive for adding just one item. The sprite does look nice, though...

But then wouldn't we need more defense, too? The Cobalt Shield has 1 defense, the Obsidian has 2, and the Ankh has 4. So the Mirror would need... 8? Seems a bit excessive for adding just one item. The sprite does look nice, though...
A bit more defense would be a nice upgrade, maybe not 8 since that seems like a lot for adding one item but 6 would be a nice incentive to upgrade more than 1 debuff protection.

The sprite looks great! It reminds me of the Mirror Knight's Shield from Dark Souls 2. I would say at the least give it 5 Def.

Not necessarily in the game the shield references the opposite is true the mirror shield downgrades defensive ability in exchange for mirror properties.
Plus it is not without precedent for Tinkers to have a weaker effect than the independent item.
that said if defense were to be increased it should be less than the Paladin's shield

Not necessarily in the game the shield references the opposite is true the mirror shield downgrades defensive ability in exchange for mirror properties.
Plus it is not without precedent for Tinkers to have a weaker effect than the independent item.
While that is true, how many people actually use to Fire Gauntlet over the Mechanical Glove? Some people might use both because their effects stack, but only the defensive bonus on the shields would stack in this instance.

that said if defense were to be increased it should be less than the Paladin's shield
Fair enough. The upgrade would be pretty minor, so I guess it would be overkill to continue following the trend of doubling defense on each upgrade. Maybe just +1, so 5 defense total. Then again, that would be the only defense increase that would put it at less than the Paladin's shield, so maybe Paladin's Shield should have 7? Hmm...

While that is true, how many people actually use to Fire Gauntlet over the Mechanical Glove? Some people might use both because their effects stack, but only the defensive bonus on the shields would stack in this instance.

Fair enough. The upgrade would be pretty minor, so I guess it would be overkill to continue following the trend of doubling defense on each upgrade.
Well you were arguing for a fairly sizable defense boost so I felt the need to point out stats don't need to change personally I would keep it at four or at max go to 5 otherwise the defense stacking really becomes ridiculous...

Well you were arguing for a fairly sizable defense boost so I felt the need to point out stats don't need to change personally I would keep it at four or at max go to 5 otherwise the defense stacking really becomes ridiculous...
Yeah, you're right. I was trying to think of an instance where a really minor upgrade was put into an already 'complete' item, and the only thing I can think of is the mostly useless Fire Gauntlet. Although, one could argue that the Obsidian Shield is used to upgrade the Ankh Charm, rather than the other way around, since the charm has way more effects. In that case, maybe adding the mirror wouldn't be problematic.

Then again, it seems kind of superfluous, since Medusa really isn't all that OP, and the Pocket Mirror was basically added as an afterthought. Only one enemy inflicts the debuff, after all. There are plenty of other debuffs that can't be blocked, too, like Ichor, Venom, or even On Fire. Adding the mirror might be kind of pointless, though, to be fair, it is the only debuff protection that isn't somehow integrated into the shield (you get Chilled resistance for free on the final upgrade, rather than needing to add the Hand Warmer). And the sprite is pretty nice...

Yeah, you're right. I was trying to think of an instance where a really minor upgrade was put into an already 'complete' item, and the only thing I can think of is the mostly useless Fire Gauntlet. Although, one could argue that the Obsidian Shield is used to upgrade the Ankh Charm, rather than the other way around, since the charm has way more effects. In that case, maybe adding the mirror wouldn't be problematic.

Then again, it seems kind of superfluous, since Medusa really isn't all that OP, and the Pocket Mirror was basically added as an afterthought. Only one enemy inflicts the debuff, after all. There are plenty of other debuffs that can't be blocked, too, like Ichor, Venom, or even On Fire. Adding the mirror might be kind of pointless, though, to be fair, it is the only debuff protection that isn't somehow integrated into the shield (you get Chilled resistance for free on the final upgrade, rather than needing to add the Hand Warmer). And the sprite is pretty nice...
Technically The hand warmer protects against Freeze and chilled while the Ankh Shield only protects against Chilled so Freeze is likewise uncovered.
Though notable Freeze is a fairer variant of stoned as stoned has that ludicrous fall damage immunity negation and drastic fall damage amplification seemingly designed to kill maxed out endgame characters...

Stoned may be one of the rarest debuffs but it is by far the most powerful and deadly debuff

I'm all for giving the Ankh shield the pocket mirror. But, please if it does get an upgrade put in hand warmer while you are at it. I understand why it wasn't added before since it came with 1.2.2 but, now there is a second item that is being added. Then the Ankh shield can be the all protect it used to be. Don't even have to reference the fact the hand warmer is an ingredient just go right to mirror shield. (As in, no need for a frost mirror shield or mirror hand shield or anything like that.)

I'm all for giving the Ankh shield the pocket mirror. But, please if it does get an upgrade put in hand warmer while you are at it. I understand why it wasn't added before since it came with 1.2.2 but, now there is a second item that is being added. Then the Ankh shield can be the all protect it used to be. Don't even have to reference the fact the hand warmer is an ingredient just go right to mirror shield. (As in, no need for a frost mirror shield or mirror hand shield or anything like that.)
Sure but if it did use it maybe make it not a christmas item, or at least add a new item similar to it that isn't christmas only.

Sure but if it did use it maybe make it not a christmas item, or at least add a new item similar to it that isn't christmas only.
I am fairly sure this is why they just gave the Ankh shield chilled immunity. Sure it doesn't block the Freezing debuff but the handwarmer is the only basic accessory that protected against two debuffs If it were included that would mean the shield would have to block Freeze as well...

-.- I have my opinions on time locked events. This is a good point though. I looked it up, they patched the mimic dropping presents outside Christmas, so that isn't the option I thought it was. (Good thing the clock can be adjusted on PC and Consoles.) As someone already pointed out the shield got the chilled debuff upgrade, at this point just cut the middle man and give it freeze too. (Or put a hand warmer equivalent drop on ice golem/frost queen.) But, I really do think that there needs to be a non seasonal immunity to freeze. Especially since enemies that inflict it are not season locked.

Dude this looks cool... I know it is an old post, but may I please use this as a sprite for a mod I am working on? For sure you would get credits for the sprite!

@Minik

Back
Top Bottom