Blocks & Decoration Mo' Craftable Chests

Pikadex

Skeletron Prime
Hello, I have come with a simple suggestion, and that is to make uncraftable chests, well, craftable. I'm a bit surprised that this isn't part of the game already, but here I go:

Gold Chest
Gold_Chest.png

Possible recipes
:
- 1x Chest, 2x Gold Bar
- 2x Iron Bar, 3x Gold Bar
Crafting Station: Anvil

Therefore...
Platinum Chest
74a2ae8c8dd4efed3c9f7d46ba85cf8b-d8srhj4.png

Possible Recipes
:
- 1x Chest, 2x Platinum Bar
- 2x Iron Bar, 3x Platinum Bar

divider.png

Shadow Chest
Shadow_Chest.png

Possible Recipes:
- 1x Chest, 4x Demonite Bar
- 1x Chest, 3x Hellstone Bar
- 6x Demonite Bar, 2x Iron/Lead Bar
- 6x Hellstone Bar, 2x Iron/Lead Bar
Crafting Station: Hellforge or above

Therefore...
Organ Chest
fleshchest_by_officialvoltex-d8tmxjp.png

(it's not the best, but I'm happy enough with it.)
Possible Recipes:
- 1x Chest, 4x Crimtane Bar
- 6x Crimtane Bar, 2x Iron/Lead Bar

divider.png

Ice Chest
Ice_Chest.png

Possible recipes
:
- 1x Chest, 6x Ice Block
- 6x Ice Block, 2x Iron Bar
Crafting Station: Ice Machine

divider.png

Living Wood Chest
Living_Wood_Chest.png

Recipe
:
6x Any Wood (or just normal), 2x Iron/Lead Bar
Crafting Station: Living Loom

divider.png

Web Covered Chest
Web_Covered_Chest.png

Recipe
:
1x Chest, 10x Cobweb
Crafting Station: Hand
(After all, you're only putting webs on a chest)

divider.png

Skyware Chest
Skyware_Chest.png

Possible Recipes
:
- 1x Chest, 4x Sunplate Block
- 6x Sunplate Block, 2x Iron/Lead Bar
Crafting Station: Sky Mill

divider.png

Lihzahrd Chest
Lihzahrd_Chest.png

Possible Recipes
:
- 1x Chest, 4x Lihzahrd Brick
- 6x Lihzahrd Brick, 2x Iron/Lead Bar

divider.png

Water Chest
Water_Chest.png

Possible Recipes:

- 1x Chest, 4x Rainbow Brick
- 6x Rainbow Brick, 2x Iron Bar
- 1x Chest, 2x Coral, 1x Goldfish, 1x Shark Fin
- 1x Chest, 4x Coral
- 6x Coral, 2x Iron/Lead Bar
Et cetera. Rainbow bricks because they're colorful, as said by Sigma.
Crafting Station: Anvil

divider.png

Ivy Chest
Ivy_Chest.png

Possible Recipes:

- 1x Rich Mahogany Chest, 2x Vine, 3x Jungle Spore
- 6x Rich Mahogany, 2x Iron/Lead Bar, 2x Vine, 3x Jungle Spore
Crafting Station: Workbench

divider.png
These recipes are subject to change, as they may need to be in order to accommodate the prices.

Furthermore, if this is to be added, I believe that worlds that generate Platinum should also generate Platinum Chests, rather than their gold counterparts (where would they get the gold from, anyway?)
If anyone is interested, feel free to redo my platinum and organ chest sprites, or create a banner! :)

If you support this, please like the thread, and - more importantly - reply!

Thanks for reading my suggestion!

- Pikadex​

Last edited:
I rather like the idea of being able to craft these chests. There are a few more uncraftable chests you haven't listed. Here are some suggestions:
  • Water Chest: 6x Rainbow Block, 2x Iron Bar (rainbow blocks because the chests are colourful)
  • Shadow Chest: 6x Demonite/Crimtane Bar + 2x Iron Bar
  • Ivy Chest: 3x Vines + 3x Rich Mahogany Wood + 2x Iron Bar
(All references to iron bar are equivalent to lead bar.)

Biome Chests are a bit special, so I'm OK with them remaining non-craftable.

Edit: And since you're suggesting a new Platinum Chest, it'd be nice to be able to craft chests of all ore types. They could be quite colourful!

I rather like the idea of being able to craft these chests. There are a few more uncraftable chests you haven't listed. Here are some suggestions:
  • Water Chest: 6x Rainbow Block, 2x Iron Bar (rainbow blocks because the chests are colourful)
  • Shadow Chest: 6x Demonite/Crimtane Bar + 2x Iron Bar
  • Ivy Chest: 3x Vines + 3x Rich Mahogany Wood + 2x Iron Bar
(All references to iron bar are equivalent to lead bar.)

Biome Chests are a bit special, so I'm OK with them remaining non-craftable.
Yep. I'm aware of those. I was a bit iffy on whether or not I should include those, since the Water and Ivy ones are drastically different from the other chests, and the Shadow Chest just felt a bit special, but I think I like these. I've added them to the OP, with my own modifications. :)

Last edited:
index.php

This has probably been suggested before, bit since this is the first full compilation of Chests that need recipes, I confer upon you my support.

May I implement this in my mod, please? :happy:

index.php

This has probably been suggested before, bit since this is the first full compilation of Chests that need recipes, I confer upon you my support.

May I implement this in my mod, please? :happy:

As far as I know, this type of thing is not on the forum. I searched for 'chest' and 'chests,' and few results came up, none of which were anything like this. To my knowledge, it is not present in these forums. ;)

And of course. :) No permission is really needed, though.

noice
noice

Erhm... noice. :)

Also, just adding dividing lines and centered it again to make it a bit neater.

Last edited:
As far as I know, this type of thing is not on the forum. I searched for 'chest' and 'chests,' and few results came up, none of which were anything like this. To my knowledge, it is not present in these forums. ;)
I'm referring mostly to bits and pieces that say "we should be able to craft Gold Chests (or Ice Chests or whatever)."

Like I said, this the only place I could find with the whole shebang. :p

Biome chests could be craftable with Key Molds as keyholes, so that you can't craft them easily.
Shadow Chests should be craftable with Obsidian.
Ivy Chests could be craftable with Stingers.
Water Chests could be crafted with Coralstone.

Biome chests could be craftable with Key Molds as keyholes, so that you can't craft them easily.
o_O
1) No tile should be that hard to obtain. Seriously, that's NUTS.
2) I don't really think Biome Chests should be crafted at all. :l
It's clearly made of Demonite, which brings up the fact that there should be a Crimson variant like Zoomo proposed.
That doesn't make sense though. How does a Stinger have anything to do with a Chests? I don't even think it should have Jungle Spores as part of the recipe... it's not grassy at all.
AHH NOO. Why do you want all of the recipes to be hard to get? >_>

Anyways, going through and picking the recipes that would work best:
- For Gold, Platinum, Ice, Skyware, and Lihzahrd, the recipes that do not involve a Chest.
- For the Water Chest, 6 Coral + 2 Iron/Lead Bars.
- For the Ivy Chest, 8 Wood + 2 Vines + 2 Iron/Lead Bars.
- For the Shadow Chest, 3 Demonite Bars, 2 Iron/Lead Bars.
- Crimson needs it's own Chest variant for the Underworld, such as Zoomo's Titan Chest:
index.php

While key molds would work, I think biome chests should be unique. But unlike what SzGamer said, this is a somewhat reasonable recipe. It's cheaper than going around worlds to farm them, if anyone does that.

I can see your reasoning, but they're definitely made of demonite.

Eh... I'm not too big of a fan of this one. Vines are more like Ivy, and stingers have absolutely nothing to do with it.

Now that's over the top. Coralstone is way too expensive for a decorative furniture object. It'd be cheaper to just create a bunch of worlds and farm the ocean chests.
[DOUBLEPOST=1431737076,1431736922][/DOUBLEPOST]
o_O
It's clearly made of Demonite, which brings up the fact that there should be a Crimson variant like Zoomo proposed.
- Crimson needs it's own Chest variant for the Underworld, such as Zoomo's Titan Chest:
index.php

Huh... how did I miss that? That's definitely something we need, if Shadow Chests are to be craftable. I won't use his image, but I've added a 'Flesh Chest' in.

EDIT: Added in a self-made texture for the Flesh Chest, merged it with the Shadow Chest, and put it under the Gold and Platinum Chest.

Last edited:
EDIT: Added in a self-made texture for the Flesh Chest, merged it with the Shadow Chest, and put it under the Gold and Platinum Chest.

There's already a Flesh Chest that is crafted from Flesh Blocks, so maybe a different name. Brain no worky right now, so I can't think of anything besides Crimson Chest or Crimtane Chest.

There's already a Flesh Chest that is crafted from Flesh Blocks, so maybe a different name. Brain no worky right now, so I can't think of anything besides Crimson Chest or Crimtane Chest.
Ah, thanks. Renamed it to Organ Chest. :)

Organ Chest
fleshchest_by_officialvoltex-d8tmxjp.png

(it's not the best, but I'm happy enough with it.)
Possible Recipes:
- 1x Chest, 4x Crimtane Bar
- 6x Demonite Bar, 2x Iron/Lead Bar
You might want to xhange it.

Great suggestions! I wonder if Re-Logic will implement this.

For the longest time (since before 1.2.4) I've wanted to be able to craft different chests made from each individual type of ore / bar. I would store the corresponding ore and bars in each different chest.

I realize we can label chests now, but it would be handy if I could quickly identify at a glance the location of my titanium chest without needing to mouse over each chest.

Currently I use chests to hold raw materials or objects/furniture for their corresponding furniture set (e.g., glass chests for glass furniture, glass blocks and sand; a cactus chest for waterleaf herbs and seeds; a second cactus chest for cactus blocks and furniture; an ivy chest for moonglow herbs; water chests for coral and shark fins).

I guess I *could* put chests on top of different ore blocks to indicate what each chest contains, but I place my chests on platforms instead of blocks in order to use vertical space more efficiently (and enable my toon to have more chests within reach).

Speaking of platforms, I'd also love to be able to craft platforms from each bar/ore, too! :)

Back
Top Bottom