Mobile Mobile hoiks?

TheClassyRP

Terrarian
I don't exactly know how to do hoiks in mobile but I was trying to figure out a way to do it for a while before I got Terraria on PC, but i couldn't seem to figure out a way to do it, any ideas?

It is possible, but the positioning may be different, since for example the upwards stairs-next-to-wall elevator works only on PC and for console and mobile you need a different looking one.
You just have to play around with teleporting yourself in an area with sloped blocks until you find out how the hitbox works on mobile for glitching into blocks. Game physics.
Go find the tutorial for teleporters, look at the area for teleportation and then try putting a block here and there, sloping them differently. Then teleport yourself in and see if you move

I figured this out months ago, bit just didn't post it.
Here is my long-winded explanation. I just hope you can follow along:
Ax4T1PC.jpg

The bottom system hoiks to the left and the top hoiks to the right.
Thus, this being the right end, the top teleporter is the "input" teleporter.
Take care to the placement of the upside-down block placed just before the pressure pad. This block slows the player by 1-2 ticks so that the pressure pad can detect the player and activate the teleporter. Otherwise, the player will continue to hoik to the right and get dumped out of the system.
Here is the same screenshot with the wiring:
Or5E4zp.jpg

UaklmNv.jpg

This is the left "end". This shows the same system of teleportation, just "swapped" between top and bottom.
I had a harder time getting this junction to work as this direction is a little more finicky. Note the 3 pressure pad system on the bottom and the blocks on top. (On top of the rich mahogany) These blocks keep the player in the hoik so that the player is not dumped outside the system upon teleportation. Here is the same screenshot, but with wiring:
ykozgfz.jpg

I hope this helps and that I have been good in my explanation! :)

Last edited:
Terra Magicio, what is the device connected to the tracks and the pressure plate on the right end?

That's just a firework box. I just thought it would look cool as I whip around the hoik or ride on the tracks.
Those are completely optional to the design. Thanks for your asking. :)

EDIT: If you do want to add more, I would avoid using those on the left end when it comes to the pressure plates inside the hoik, as that part of the hoik is a bit finicky, as I said in my previous post above.

POST EDIT: I thought you meant the device on the left.
The device on the right of course, is a teleporter, as you pointed out yourself, so sorry about any confusion. :)

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks! Unfortunately I don't have access to the steampunker and I'm playing on 3ds. So no portals for me.

There is always the subforum for trading. Someone would surely be willing to sell you teleporters

I don't know anyone near me that plays on 3ds. It's local multiplayer only I'm afraid. I'm not quite ready for WoF attempt number 3. I have to redesign my arena around fixed spawn height. Lol

I don't know anyone near me that plays on 3ds. It's local multiplayer only I'm afraid. I'm not quite ready for WoF attempt number 3. I have to redesign my arena around fixed spawn height. Lol
500 rail tracks for Normal and 1000 for Expert. Molten Armour, Night's Edge, or Arkhalis, or the Enchanted Sword - and drive right in front of it, enough to hit it with the blade. It's how I did it. You don't even need potions

I was gonna craft about 20 HHG and Beenade the rest of the way with the nurse station. Is Night's Edge better than a Phasesaber?

I was gonna craft about 20 HHG and Beenade the rest of the way with the nurse station. Is Night's Edge better than a Phasesaber?
around 70 beenades would do with a bridge.
[doublepost=1485837154,1485834318][/doublepost]Anyway, back on topic, making hoiks are more than possible in mobile, in fact, you can make a skeleton engine on mobile. It's quite easy.

For some reason, there must be that third hoiked block and it must always be on the left, it does not work on the right.

Last edited:
For some reason, there must be that third hoiked block and it must always be on the left, it does not work on the right.
I had a similar issue replicating a compact skeleton hoik engine ZeroGravitas posted around here. Skeletons would get stuck on the stair hammered platforms. Had to toggle the mounting tooth on and off rapidly while hammering the platforms to load them. Then they would push through the left wall instead of hoiking back. 3ds is a mess like that. Lol

around 70 beenades would do with a bridge.

That's because the skeleton still moves (walks left) in the hoik "track". If you do this with a dummy (they exist on mobile?) the extraneous hoik will not be needed.

Back
Top Bottom