Resolved [Mobile] Minion despwan (Redmi 6A, Android 9)

Xprana

Terrarian
Is this just me or my minions keep despawning when some bosses spawned(e.g plantera).?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-02-06-55-07-962_com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-10-02-06-55-07-962_com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid.jpg
    950.2 KB · Views: 66
Is this just me or my minions keep despawning when some bosses spawned(e.g plantera).?
Hi @Xprana, can you provide steps on when you notice the minions despawning, so I can try to reproduce it? Some sort of step-by-step instruction of what to do to notice the possible bug.

Hi @Xprana, can you provide steps on when you notice the minions despawning, so I can try to reproduce it? Some sort of step-by-step instruction of what to do to notice the possible bug.

I summon all of max minion on my tiki armor + pygmy neklace. Then tap bewitching table and summon another minion. Tap potion button (summon potion,ironskin,lifeforce,regen,rage,fish food,endurance) and summon another minion. After all of them, finaly i summon the boss, all of my minion just despawn on little lag frame. I didnt notice it on my first encounter with the twins, but i notice it after the fight ,theres no minion (first encounter i used roller coster). Then the second ecounter exactly after boss summon, my minion despawn again, but i notice it this time. And on my plantera fight i was usualy using melee for her,but this time i use my minion and using exactly my step above and voila my minion despawn on lag frame and i should respawn them on plantera mouth. *Sorry for bad english tho:(

Btw on my first encounter with the twins, my minion are spiders.
The second was using optic staff.
And for planter with pygmy staff

I summon all of max minion on my tiki armor + pygmy neklace. Then tap bewitching table and summon another minion. Tap potion button (summon potion,ironskin,lifeforce,regen,rage,fish food,endurance) and summon another minion. After all of them, finaly i summon the boss, all of my minion just despawn on little lag frame. I didnt notice it on my first encounter with the twins, but i notice it after the fight ,theres no minion (first encounter i used roller coster). Then the second ecounter exactly after boss summon, my minion despawn again, but i notice it this time. And on my plantera fight i was usualy using melee for her,but this time i use my minion and using exactly my step above and voila my minion despawn on lag frame and i should respawn them on plantera mouth. *Sorry for bad english tho:(
Btw on my first encounter with the twins, my minion are spiders.
The second was using optic staff.
And for planter with pygmy staff
Are you sure that you’re not going over the maximum buffs allowed?

If you have many potions (each giving a buff) plus bewitching table, campfire, heart lantern, sunflowers, plus others (each giving a buff) you may have the maximum amount of buffs.

And then if the boss gives you a debuff (like poison) the game has to take away a buff slot in order to apply the debuff, and it might be taking away your minion, or a component of your minions (like bewitching table buff).

Ah i see, but i think minion buff are seperated from normal buff. Btw sir, how many active buff allowed on mobile.?

Ah its explain everything in my plantera fight, but not in my twins fight. Its help a lot, maybe i'd more picky and aware about buff and debuff. Thanks sir.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-02-06-54-23-593_com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-10-02-06-54-23-593_com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid.jpg
    875.5 KB · Views: 56
Ah i see, but i think minion buff are seperated from normal buff. Btw sir, how many active buff allowed on mobile.?
Yep, Pigman has it correct. The minion buff is separate from the other buffs. Keep a watch out in the future, and if you notice a minion despawning, see if your buffs reached the limit, as I’m betting that’s the case. If you run into a situation where you can reliably reproduce a minion despawning that isn’t because of buff limits, it can be relooked at, but for now I’ll move this out if the Bug section.

Also you had a good thought to make sure you put aside any potions you don’t need for the fight into a chest, so that you’re not taking up a buff slot with something you don’t need.

Back
Top Bottom