Mobile Mobile Terraria Guide :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerraNova Gaming

Official Terrarian
Im TerraNova, new to the forums but not a stranger to the glorious game Terraria. Ive been playing the mobile version for 1 year and have been dominating since then. I've studied alot when playing and paying attention to detail. So if there is anything you need help on or just wanna know, please ask.

For a Rod Of Discord Farm, go to the underground hallow or create one with the Clentaminator, create a Medium Sized Arena, probably 100x100, and every 10 Vertical Pearlstone you create a bridge that spans, either to the left or right, 96 blocks leaving a 2-Block Gap to jump through. Make sure to add Wooden Platforms at each end. Now in the middle of each bridge, place a table and place a Water Candle on top. Now the Buff it gives wont stack but you'll always be in range of one. Also recommended to bring a Battle Potion. And thats the Rod of Discord Farm.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: In the picture, it shows the setup. In the middle of each bridge is a workbench and 2 water candles on top. You dont have to put 2 but i just did it. Then on each side of the workbench are torches. And on the side of each torch are wooden platforms to simply jump down to each bridge rather than running to either side to get down.

Attachments

• UnderGround Hallow Farm.png
    UnderGround Hallow Farm.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 945
Last edited:
[/QUOTE]
Im TerraNova, new to the forums but not a stranger to the glorious game Terraria. Ive been playing the mobile version for 1 year and have been dominating since then. I've studied alot when playing and paying attention to detail. So if there is anything you need help on or just wanna know, please ask.

Thanks for your generous offer TerraNova. What do you do to mitigate the disadvantage of trying to fight bosses like the Twins etc. on mobile where you can't zoom out enough to see them without activating the minimap? I'm basically just firing randomly off screen because I can't see where the bosses are until they make a swoop at me... Do you use any special strategy? I've watched some great videos people have made, but they are all PC version.

Well for mobile, they added the auto targeting system. Pretty obvious. When you hot an enemy off screen, the damage number sometimes pops up on your character. For finding enemies like the twins before you spot them, zoom out but dont let go, you'll see the map but gameplay is still going, so youll see where the bosses are and which direction they are headed. Best bet is to build or mine a looooooong flat surface and make one layer Asphalt Blocks. So you can run back and forth super fast while firing up with a ranged weapon to tell you where they are while damaging them. To choose which enemy will be auto-targeted, tap on that enemie and the yellow arrow will switch from one to the one you tapped

Thanks for your generous offer TerraNova. What do you do to mitigate the disadvantage of trying to fight bosses like the Twins etc. on mobile where you can't zoom out enough to see them without activating the minimap? I'm basically just firing randomly off screen because I can't see where the bosses are until they make a swoop at me... Do you use any special strategy? I've watched some great videos people have made, but they are all PC version.
The Twins are terribly dangerous in mobile. I recommend you build an arena. Just getting a few spiky ball traps can mean the difference between life and death in the fight with them. You can get some early on by blowing up the Lihzard temple's door.
[DOUBLEPOST=1423108941][/DOUBLEPOST]@TerraNova I'd love to see a suggestion for a pumpkin moon arena. Not concerned with survival just being able to slaughter the mobs. I've tried a few strategies which have only functioned to my disadvantage.

Hey people,
There's something I wanted to know about the mobile edition that's been haunting me for months. Lemme say that, though I'm new to the forums, I know almost everything about the game itself. So, one day I was playing on my main world in hardmode when my brother joined the game. Not long after he did, I realized that there was a strange NPC showing up on the minimap. She seemed to look a lot like the dryad - you know, green hair with a red flower in it. She was deep in the underground jungle, really close to the underworld. I hurried over there to meet her as fast as I could, but just as I was about to reach her, my brother summoned the Wall of Flesh, and I was instantly pulled to his position. Luckily, I was a boss at that game and killed him, like, really fast. As soon as I did, I checked if the stranger was still there, but she wasn't. My brother had left during the battle, so that may have been why she left. For many months after the incident, I turned the terraria wiki upside-down for anything on this, but found nothing. I'm officially spooked now, and I really could use an explanation for all this!
From,
Epicnerdninja, the Ocram-slayer

I'm pretty sad Mob Spawnrate was decreased again on the update after hardmode. But, do you know MANY ways to make an efficient Post Plantera Dungeon Farm?

Restructure the lowest part of the dungeon to make an arena or choose the most open space of a dungeon. Make it a 500x500 Square Box. Every 10th block, make a Wooden Platform Bridge and place Workbenches or Tables to place Water Candles. Put every Water candle past the previous candles Range Limit. When done, Drink a Battle Potion and have fun.

Oh, thats the Nymph.
Do nymphs have those heads that show up on minimaps, like the ones that players and npc's do? Most likely not. Besides, the nymph/lost girl has blue hair, and this person I saw had green hair with a rose in it. So I really don't think that's the case. Anyone who knows who that mysterious npc is, please let me know!

P.S. I think I might have an idea. I'm not sure if this is a sensible explanation, but maybe the dryad was originally supposed to be one of those NPC's you find underground, kind of like the goblin tinkerer and wizard, and maybe she was hidden within the code until my brother joining somehow caused her to generate in my world. I kind of doubt this, come to think of it, because the wizard and goblin only spawn near you when you're underground, and this stranger spawned deep in the underground jungle when I was far away from any part of the jungle.
From,
EpicNerdNinja, the Ocram-slayer

Do nymphs have those heads that show up on minimaps, like the ones that players and npc's do? Most likely not. Besides, the nymph/lost girl has blue hair, and this person I saw had green hair with a rose in it. So I really don't think that's the case. Anyone who knows who that mysterious npc is, please let me know!

P.S. I think I might have an idea. I'm not sure if this is a sensible explanation, but maybe the dryad was originally supposed to be one of those NPC's you find underground, kind of like the goblin tinkerer and wizard, and maybe she was hidden within the code until my brother joining somehow caused her to generate in my world. I kind of doubt this, come to think of it, because the wizard and goblin only spawn near you when you're underground, and this stranger spawned deep in the underground jungle when I was far away from any part of the jungle.
From,
EpicNerdNinja, the Ocram-slayer
Nymphs aren't actually NPCs so it means her head will not show in the map.
Maybe it's just your Dryad NPC, but she just really got lost. Or maybe, there's another player with you guys? But most probably, it's been a glitch.

We're you on the surface when it's happened? If so, if it was a player, then the head would have Ben very small.
[DOUBLEPOST=1424089034][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, it earned the eye of Cthulhu trophy on the forums. How do I add it to my title?

Well for mobile, they added the auto targeting system. Pretty obvious. When you hot an enemy off screen, the damage number sometimes pops up on your character. For finding enemies like the twins before you spot them, zoom out but dont let go, you'll see the map but gameplay is still going, so youll see where the bosses are and which direction they are headed. Best bet is to build or mine a looooooong flat surface and make one layer Asphalt Blocks. So you can run back and forth super fast while firing up with a ranged weapon to tell you where they are while damaging them. To choose which enemy will be auto-targeted, tap on that enemie and the yellow arrow will switch from one to the one you tapped

Thanks TerraNova, and TealderII. That was helpful, though I find the whole auto targeting thing a little disheartening, like I am not actually fighting it myself. If I'm just shooting off screen at something I can't even see and the computer does the aiming for me, how much credit do I deserve for killing it after all? But I suppose those considerations are a little abstract.

After some trial and error (Twins despawned in the middle of my first fight) I eventually found that my best strategy was loading on some venom, regeneration, soup, and ironskin and just laying on my best melee weapons. For instance, Plantera seems to do much less damage with the bulb just sitting right on me than if I try to run and keep out of her way, especially since there is rarely enough room on my screen to see where she is coming from if I do. As long as I build a trench on either side of the bulb before summoning so the spike balls can't stay on me, I can take her out in a few seconds by letting her sit on me and just hacking away. Of course now that I have the turtle armor I don't even need the potions, but it worked fine with the potions before that, if that is helpful to anyone... Also, that strategy worked best in narrow spaces for some reason. I was using pretty much the same plan for the bosses too, though again it seemed a bit like I was exploiting a loophole? With the right potion combination they seemed fairly easy to take out?

In other news, I fixed a problem I was having where recipes weren't showing up. I eventually spawned all three available worlds for mobile looking for all the metals. Luck was with me because I now have access to all six hardmode metals, but none of my worlds had Corruption, only Crimson. I couldn't figure out why the crafting recipes for Mechanical Skull and Worm weren't available in my crafting menu since I had Souls of Night in my inventory (and I don't remember where I could have gotten them from, a Boss I assume). I saw someone had posted that you had to have a mythril anvil for those recipes to show up, which is why I started looking for all the metals in the first place. Well, that didn't work. Eventually I started looking for Souls of Night, and lo and behold I couldn't find them. All throughout the Crimson of all three worlds not a single Soul of Night would drop. Further searching ensued, and I discovered that in Mobile they would only drop on Corruption. With only Crimson worlds, I was thoroughly screwed if I wanted to ever fight Ocram, or craft more endgame things, but then, salvation! I remembered that I had purchased corrupt seeds from the Dryad during a Blood Moon and seeded part of my skybridge with them. I went up there...and the first thing I killed...a Soul of Night! Immediately the recipes for Mechanical summoning devices, the Neptune Shell, etc. all popped up in the crafting menu.

I covered all my corrupt dirt with stone and sand and then harvested it when it became ebonstone and ebonsand. I coated a prepared cavern with it just above my upper Hell level subway, plenty of entrances and water candles, and finally I can craft all sorts of things I never could before. Chunks of Flesh, Light and Dark Shards, Cursed Flames, and finally the stuff to make an Ahnk Charm... I read somewhere or other that this "glitch" of being able to buy corrupt seeds in a crimson world was being or had been fixed in an update, but I hope it hasn't because it really saved me. Otherwise there would have been no way at all to open those recipes and continue crafting.

And if that process won't work for other people, I did read a post from someone (where though?) who said that sometimes if a recipe didn't pop up the first time you picked up a new crafting material, you can get it to by dropping the material in front of you and then picking it up again.

The Recipe that gets unlocked while in the Crafting Screen, wont show, but without dropping anything, just go back to the Crafting Screen and the New Recipe will be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom