Resolved [Mobile] Truffle will not spawn. (iPad 6th gen, iOS 13.4.1)

Otherworldly

Terrarian
Resolved!!! He spawned :D I'm not sure what caused it, but I was so happy!!! He is adorable too!! :D

I have seen many forums saying that this is a known bug that has no cure, so that is why I came here because I felt like it was hopeless, but just now he randomly spawned and I have no idea what I did to have it happen but I am so happy!!!

Now I have absolutely no complaints about this game, its one of my favorites!!! I have seen this on many other forums though, so maybe I did something wrong and didn't activate the glitch even though it seemed like it or perhaps I counteracted it somehow (it seems more likely for it to have been my fault, though) so perhaps it might still need to be looked into if other people weren't able to get him to spawn still. But, thankfully he appeared for me!!!

I love terraria! The Journey's end update is amazing! I used to play Terraria a long time ago on the Xbox 360, and didn't get very far lol, but then I tried again a long time ago on mobile version and I am almost to moon lord. This game is fantastic, beautiful, and tons of fun. There is so much to do and explore.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Did you check the home conditions? Do you have a picture, or something?
I have looked all over the place and have met all requirements. it is in the sky above jungle, hallow, and ocean. This is a known issue, but perhaps I had made a mistake. One of my biggest mistakes was defeating plantera before trying to spawn him. If nothing works, is there a way to force him in or some kind of complicated method? I am desperate to get all npcs. My world was made before Journey's end update, but my game is now updated, btw.

Both sides of houses have mushroom grass continuing after it. Maybe I can extend on the left side a bit more. At the end of my right end, it has ocean music and background instead, but the biome is well beyond 100 blocks already despite that.

Attachments

• IMG_2779.jpg
    IMG_2779.jpg
    450.5 KB · Views: 69
I have looked all over the place and have met all requirements. it is in the sky above jungle, hallow, and ocean. This is a known issue, but perhaps I had made a mistake. One of my biggest mistakes was defeating plantera before trying to spawn him. If nothing works, is there a way to force him in or some kind of complicated method? I am desperate to get all npcs. My world was made before Journey's end update, but my game is now updated, btw.

Both sides of houses have mushroom grass continuing after it. Maybe I can extend on the left side a bit more. At the end of my right end, it has ocean music and background instead, but the biome is well beyond 100 blocks already despite that.
Sorry, I don’t know too.

Well... there is however one last few things that could cause npcs to not spawn. If you are playing journey mode, did you disable enemy spawns or freeze time? if so, enable enemy spawns and unfreeze time and switch time to midnight, that should be allowing truffle to spawn.

This is arguably an issue that makes the game uncomplete-able, for I will not be able to get all achievements or any shroomite things without him. I want him in my world, all requirements are met, and I'm well beyond being in hardmode (I've already defeated Golem) He just won't spawn. This is an awful glitch. I want to get all my npcs but the truffle will not come and it's been a really long time, and this is a reported glitch that has happened to many players.

I don't want to have to only have him and the princess on another world, so please fix this glitch

Other than this, I love terraria! The Journey's end update is amazing! I used to play Terraria a long time ago on the Xbox 360, and didn't get very far lol, but then I tried again a long time ago on mobile version and I am almost to moon lord. This game is fantastic, beautiful, and tons of fun. There is so much to do and explore. I hope this glitch can be fixed, because I hate being frustrated with one of my most favorite games ever.

Thank you!
Hi there @Otherworldly welcome to the forums. :)

Can you upload your world and I will see if I’m able to get Truffle to move in? Him not spawning is not a known issue as far as I know.

Here’s where you can find your world files:
  • Open your Files App and you should see these folders.
  • On Android devices - Android > data > com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid > Worlds
  • On iOS devices - On My <Device> > Terraria > Worlds
  • Then, here on the forums you can use the “Upload a File” to attach a copy of the world file to your post.

Update!! He spawned :D I'm not sure how but he randomly appeared and I was so happy!!!! This is something other people have reported and considered a bug that cannot be resolved (I can link those forums if necessary) so, it might still need to be looked into, but I guess I counteracted it or somehow fixed an error on my part! (which is more likely)! thank you so much!!!

Update!! He spawned :D I'm not sure how but he randomly appeared and I was so happy!!!! This is something other people have reported and considered a bug that cannot be resolved (I can link those forums if necessary) so, it might still need to be looked into, but I guess I counteracted it or somehow fixed an error on my part! (which is more likely)! thank you so much!!!
Hi @Otherworldly glad you got it resolved. If you can send me the reports from others that say this is a known bug that can't be resolved that would be great. As far as I know, each time this issue comes up it is normally resolved by a common method (the player unfreezes time or builds enough houses for the other NPCs to join, thus letting the Truffle spawn).

Back
Top Bottom