Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Improved thread...

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other? (Leave in comments if yes)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Roka Josh

Skeletron Prime
Hello and welcome to the final attempt of Mod-Raria! For the people who don't know, Mod-Raria is a mod I have tried to create twice, but I have not had the time or I have lost interest quick. On terms of the last one, Mod-Raria Reborn, I never actually coded anything as I encountered a problem with tModLoader which meant correct code didn't work. So what's the mod about? Well, it's about increasing the number of items and generally everything in Terraria! I would like to create a fairly large mod by myself or with a small team, just to show people you can do it by yourself!
Credit!
Currently there is only a 2 man team, consisting of:
J2Much - Founder, Coder and occasional Spriter -
@DaMuffin - Spriter and Idea Creator -

Credit and thanks does currently go out to these extra people:
@Eldrazi - Help with code, really friendly! :)

Planned Features and Current Content!
There are quite a lot of planned features, and I will work through them 1 by 1!

- Multiple metals and ores -
- A boss or bosses -
- A ton of items ranging from weapons to tools to armour and more! -
- What you want! (See the "Your input" section below)

- Lots of tiles both useful and aesthetic -
- Many enemies with different AI's -
- And lots more! -

This is what is currently implemented into the game!
- Helmet - Un-balanced, and no movement animation -
PdyjyAG.png

- Breastplate - Un-balanced, see screenshots for on player -
bfqRlNw.png

- Leggings - Fairly balanced, see screenshots for on player -
8CPEGc9.png
Radiation Waves = Shoots a wave of radiation - Sprite from @DaMuffin -
K1qiTNQ.png
- Charcoal - Used to make steel -
D6s8Phm.png

- Steel Ingot - Used for steel tools -
xsPu10w.png
- Steel Hamaxe - A steel hamaxe, quite good for pre-HM -
fmwSOwn.png

- Steel Pickaxe - Better than Nightmare worse than Molten -
XNrfWBO.png
- Steel Sword - Fully balanced, sprited by @DaMuffin -
WDOiPaD.png

Next Big Update Planned Features
- Granite and Marble Armour sets and weapons/tools (doing - nearly done Granite Armour)
- New enemies for the granite and marble biomes
- General buff up of those two biomes
- Altered marble and granite world gen (maybe)
- Shark Armour (doing)
- Other ocean related things (coral stuff and fishing)

Change Log!
This change log will get updated every update, and the past updates will go underneath in the past changes spoiler!

Current Update:
Version 0.0.4 - 20th Jan 2016 - In the mood! :)
Hello and welcome to another update also the day after! Recently I have been in the mood to constantly work at little bits, and so the mod is coming along. In today's update, I bring a magic spell known as Radiation Waves, which will have its on radiation de-buff soon. I'd like to thank the main spriter for the mod, @DaMuffin, as he sprited the book and the projectile! Also @Eldrazi has been helping out with some bits of code, including orientation of the projectile and character rotations, so a big thank you to him! I have animated the Granite Armour Breastplate for a character minus the arms, and for now it is no different in the female version. It does however look nice, and screen shots can be seen down below with the new Armour piece. Thank you very much, and please vote in the poll!

Older Updates:
Version 0.0.3 - 19th Jan 2016 - Daily?!?
Hello and welcome to another update the day after! Textures have been added to the Steel hamaxe and the Steel Pickaxe, and they have actually been balanced! :O I have changed the crafting recipe for steel ingots and charcoal making them harder to get, as this balances out with the final (probably) stats of the tools. I also have added both the item and the animation of Granite Leggings and I am working on the breastplate and helmet as we speak! A few screenshots uploaded and content updated, and I will see you in the next update! :)

Version 0.0.2 - 18th Jan 2016 - What's going on!!!!
Sorry for a huge gap in updates, I was debating continuing this mod, but for now it shall continue!. The previousley implemented charcoal and steel ingots have proper textures and are looking nice and done! The hamaxe is yet to be properly re-balanced but it is in a lot better condition. Improvements will be coming to the forum, screenshots proper headings, all that kind of jazz and progress should hopefully continue steadily! Thank you every one!

Version 0.0.1 - 11th Nov 2015 - Whoooo Release!!!! (Not to the public, not for a long time!)
The first proper test run and things on the mod. So far charcoal, steel ingots and a steel hamaxe have been added into the game! The hamaxe is a test, but will be re-balanced and kept in for the public release, and the charcoal and steel ingot will both be kept for public release with minor change! Hopefully by later today there will be major improvements to the forums page including this change log.

Other?!?
- Action in Granite Leggings and Breastplate -
LBMpuc6.png

- Granite Leggings, Breastplate and Steel Sword -
DUqqZP6.png
Leave suggestions down below and I will reply as quick as I can!

Last edited:
Make it balanced and terraria-friendly please. :p}
That's all what I need for it to be a good mod.

Make it balanced and terraria-friendly please. :p}
That's all what I need for it to be a good mod.
That's actually going to be a good drive, as for the harder technology stuff I will try to make it harder to get, I'll need testers for balance later down the line!

if you need a tester i will love to be one :)
Not now as none are needed, but later down the line I'll be sure to let you know!

I will love if you make post moon lord content
Definitely some Post Moon Lord content, as some of the insane technology and other stuff (maybe even a boss) will be hard to get and come later. Think more stuff based on the technology tier of the mining mount, laser drill and cosmic car key.
[DOUBLEPOST=1446824231,1446824160][/DOUBLEPOST]
And a pre king slime boss to expert
I have some pre-hardmode mini bosses/bosses in mind, but I don't know if I will make them as early as King Slime!

Yeah, having bosses at the time of King Slime is cool :D and i would love it to have Dessert or Ice-Biome bosses. And the idea of the mod being balanced is pretty good! :D

Yeah, having bosses at the time of King Slime is cool :D and i would love it to have Dessert or Ice-Biome bosses. And the idea of the mod being balanced is pretty good! :D
Actually a dessert and an ice boss would be good! But do you think pre-hardmode or hardmode?

i would say dersert pre-hm, ice biome hm
for anyone that dont know hm = hardmode
Make them both :D i mean have a dessert boss and an ice boss in pre-hardmode and then have mechanical or ,,upgraded'' versions of them in hardmode. (like the mechanical bosses)
[DOUBLEPOST=1447493234,1447493078][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and make the bosses drop cool things that can help you with your progress (but not overpower of course :D) or make them drop some stuff for crafting OR EVEN BOTH XD (oh and drops from them that are used with other things to make better things would be great :D)
[DOUBLEPOST=1447493409][/DOUBLEPOST]P.S it would be awesome if the bosses dropped swords or materials for swords and then you could combine them to make something like Night's Edge but a different one :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1447493533][/DOUBLEPOST]P.S P.S (if that even exists :D:D) i'm all about them accessories :D have all kinds of new ones pls :D
[DOUBLEPOST=1447493970][/DOUBLEPOST]P.S P.S P.S (my idea bomb just exploded :D:D:D) have pickaxes like Night's Edge. I mean have for example four different types of pickaxes and then you would need to go for example to an demon altar and make a all mighty pickaxe :D (i'm saying ,,for example'' a lot because the number of pickaxes can be more or less than four and you can combine them at a different ,,station'' not at a demon altar, maybe you will need to craft something special to be able to combine the pickaxes :D:D)...............................................................(sorry if i get annoying or something like that).

I've noticed that in all my terraria playthroughs I never mine copper because it's so useless. (Add a use for earlygame ores)

This mod seems pretty interesting hope to see more content of it and some more info about sounds like a new challenge for me and my bro to beat

I'm sorry if I can be a bit rude, but if you publish more spoielrs (screenshots, sprites), then this will get more popular. Just saying. Keep up the good work! :)

If I may be so rude to ask:
Is this thread still alive? The owner last commented on the 7'th of november and there haven't really been any OP updates.
Screenshots were promised in a few days, while the last update was on the 6'th of november...
OP owner, where art thou?! ;)

If I may be so rude to ask:
Is this thread still alive? The owner last commented on the 7'th of november and there haven't really been any OP updates.
Screenshots were promised in a few days, while the last update was on the 6'th of november...
OP owner, where art thou?! ;)
I'm sorry if I can be a bit rude, but if you publish more spoielrs (screenshots, sprites), then this will get more popular. Just saying. Keep up the good work! :)
This mod seems pretty interesting hope to see more content of it and some more info about sounds like a new challenge for me and my bro to beat
Wow, I was thinking in this! I too ignore copper
And to everybody else....

I have thought to myself for a quite a while whether to continue this or not. I haven't made any progress since what is listed on this page, I didn't intend to continue. HOWEVER after reading your comments asking if it is alive and reading all the support, I have decided to put this back into full steam ahead mode! Hopefully I will get some content pushed out for tomorrow and plans will go ahead with changing the thread to make it look nicer! Thank you everybody who has commented and contributed ideas!

And to everybody else....

I have thought to myself for a quite a while whether to continue this or not. I haven't made any progress since what is listed on this page, I didn't intend to continue. HOWEVER after reading your comments asking if it is alive and reading all the support, I have decided to put this back into full steam ahead mode! Hopefully I will get some content pushed out for tomorrow and plans will go ahead with changing the thread to make it look nicer! Thank you everybody who has commented and contributed ideas!
Nice!
Don't push yourself towards finishing this mod. Adding content along the way is more than enough (since there are very few 1.3 mods that are playable atm).
Again, don't push yourself too much to add content. Modding (and playing mods) should be fun! If this fun disappears, it might start to feel more like working and that's something you probably don't want, since the 'work' may lose its charm very fast (and I'm talking from experience :p).

Keep up the good work!

Nice!
Don't push yourself towards finishing this mod. Adding content along the way is more than enough (since there are very few 1.3 mods that are playable atm).
Again, don't push yourself too much to add content. Modding (and playing mods) should be fun! If this fun disappears, it might start to feel more like working and that's something you probably don't want, since the 'work' may lose its charm very fast (and I'm talking from experience :p).

Keep up the good work!
Thank you for the advice and praise! :)

I think the game needs more mini bosses like king slime, more accessory crafting trees, armor sets, and a new hallow. These are my suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom