Mod Request

FiniteChaos

Terrarian
Not sure if anything similar is out there, but I sure haven't found anything.

I'm looking for a mod that adds a single item & mechanic to the game; A post-Moon Lord Expert item not unlike the Demon Heart, that when used would add an extra inventory space. Except that rather than another accessory slot, it would be a Secondary Weapon slot.

This mechanic could function a couple of ways. When a weapon is placed in the slot and a weapon on the player's hotbar is used:

1) The effects of both weapons are used simeltaneously with every attack. (i.e. A gun and a bow, a sword & magic missile, two swords, etc.) To compensate, a debuff of 40% total damage reduction is applied when the slot is occupied.

2) The effects of both weapons alternate back and forth every shot/swing/click. (i.e. A volley of bullets from the Clockwork Assault rifle, then a water bolt)

3) The secondary weapon has a chance to be triggered after every use of the primary weapon, once again with a damage nerf for the sake of balance. (i.e. One swing of the starfury on average for every 5 of the muramasa)

I can imagine implementation is probably pretty technically intensive, not even considering cost of mana, ammo, etc..
Further simplification (such as only allowing items of the same type to be used together) is definitely negotiable, as well as.. Well, pretty much anything, honestly. Still very much a work of concept here, and I'm not too picky.

I think it could be a really fun/cool mechanic if pulled of correctly, & I'm willing to pay commission if anyone is willing to undertake the task!

Feel free to PM me if you've got some modding experience. Have a couple other smaller ideas we could chat about too, and I can provide resources (art & music). :)

Not sure if anything similar is out there, but I sure haven't found anything.

I'm looking for a mod that adds a single item & mechanic to the game; A post-Moon Lord Expert item not unlike the Demon Heart, that when used would add an extra inventory space. Except that rather than another accessory slot, it would be a Secondary Weapon slot.

This mechanic could function a couple of ways. When a weapon is placed in the slot and a weapon on the player's hotbar is used:

1) The effects of both weapons are used simeltaneously with every attack. (i.e. A gun and a bow, a sword & magic missile, two swords, etc.) To compensate, a debuff of 40% total damage reduction is applied when the slot is occupied.

2) The effects of both weapons alternate back and forth every shot/swing/click. (i.e. A volley of bullets from the Clockwork Assault rifle, then a water bolt)

3) The secondary weapon has a chance to be triggered after every use of the primary weapon, once again with a damage nerf for the sake of balance. (i.e. One swing of the starfury on average for every 5 of the muramasa)

I can imagine implementation is probably pretty technically intensive, not even considering cost of mana, ammo, etc..
Further simplification (such as only allowing items of the same type to be used together) is definitely negotiable, as well as.. Well, pretty much anything, honestly. Still very much a work of concept here, and I'm not too picky.

I think it could be a really fun/cool mechanic if pulled of correctly, & I'm willing to pay commission if anyone is willing to undertake the task!

Feel free to PM me if you've got some modding experience. Have a couple other smaller ideas we could chat about too, and I can provide resources (art & music). :)

yh there is a modd called Dual Wielding that is great!

Back
Top Bottom