tAPI Mod Suggestion: Recipe Book

Annonymus

Official Terrarian
I really feel the need for a recipe book that acts like the guide but also allows for reverse engineering (give it the name of the item and it tells you how to craft it), like the tConfig mod that was fused with the dark souls/red cloud mod (http://www.curse.com/maps/terraria/story-red-cloud).

There are too many mods, many of which do almost nothing to explain how to craft what or even what items there are in the mod, it's very difficult to play the mods at their full potential without a recipe book.

Besides its utility for mods, it would also come in handy for new Terraria players who don't know the recipes.

So sort a NEI type deal? sounds interesting. I'd defiantly like to see someone do this.

the guide only works if you have the ingredients, not the product and one of the most important functions of the recipebook in the dark souls mod was that it would show you what items there are, the guide doesn't tell you what items are new to a particular mod

the guide only works if you have the ingredients, not the product and one of the most important functions of the recipebook in the dark souls mod was that it would show you what items there are, the guide doesn't tell you what items are new to a particular mod
I kinda like that concept. Eh, opinions differ. *slowly retreats back into the shadows*

It's ok in standard terraria when everything is new anyway and you can refer to a wiki but in mods where you already know everything about terraria and aren't used to having to discover averything manually anymore i find it annoying.

Also, in terraria the progress follows a certain logic, in mods it's often interrupted, follows another line or none at all so it's less intuitive.

Posting this again because apparently yesterday it didn't register it:

Maybe the Guide can sell you this item for 3 Gold?
That would be an option but i think it's a bit hard to create, it would be better both for modder(i think) and for the player if it would be a part of the UI, maybe the button could appear after you use a consumable sold by guide/merchant

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom