tModLoader Modded and Vanilla

TheTrueBrawler

Plantera
So I like modded Terraria, but for some reason, even if I turn off all mods, I still cant join servers with TModLoader installed. Is there a way to have both a Vanilla Version (allows multiplayer), and a Modded Version (allows advanced singleplayer) on my computer simultaneously without having to switch the files every time I want to switch between Modded and Vanilla?

If this is not possible, then is there a way to access Vanilla Servers with TModLoader on my computer?

So I like modded Terraria, but for some reason, even if I turn off all mods, I still cant join servers with TModLoader installed. Is there a way to have both a Vanilla Version (allows multiplayer), and a Modded Version (allows advanced singleplayer) on my computer simultaneously without having to switch the files every time I want to switch between Modded and Vanilla?

If this is not possible, then is there a way to access Vanilla Servers with TModLoader on my computer?
Yes. All you have to do is have 2 .exe files. Whichever one you keep as Terraria.exe will open if you launch from Steam. The other, I right-click drag to create a shortcut on my desktop for convenience.

For Example, for me, I have
Terraria.exe -- vanilla
tmodloader.exe -- tmodloader
TerraCustom.exe -- terracustom

Basically, you just need to understand that all that matters is which .exe you open.

Alright.
In the tModLoader x.x.x.x Folder, right-click the tModLoader .exe file (It should be named Terraria.exe). Then, hit rename and rename it to Modded Terraria. Next, copy all the files to the Terraria Steam directory like normal. Then, in Steam, go to +Add a Game (Bottom left), Add a Non-Steam Game, Browse, navigate to the Terraria Steam Directory and double-click the Modded Terraria File, hit Add Selected Programs, and boom. Done.

Alright.
In the tModLoader x.x.x.x Folder, right-click the tModLoader .exe file (It should be named Terraria.exe). Then, hit rename and rename it to Modded Terraria. Next, copy all the files to the Terraria Steam directory like normal. Then, in Steam, go to +Add a Game (Bottom left), Add a Non-Steam Game, Browse, navigate to the Terraria Steam Directory and double-click the Modded Terraria File, hit Add Selected Programs, and boom. Done.
I tried doing that. It just gives me an error message.

I can't do any of this (I have a mac), but have the same problem so if anyone can help that'd be appreciated

sorry to necro, but I have a solution.

Trick is to go to your Steam File directory (steam/steamapps/common) and make a direct copy of your Terraria folder. Name it tModLoader, drag the mod loader files in there and have it replace all the files in the new folder. Then, pin the EXE to taskbar (or shortcut it to desktop) so that you can access both it and unmodded Terraria (or you can add it to steam by "adding a game not on steam" and then heading to that directory).

I didn't make a new forum post because this seemed unresolved.

Back
Top Bottom