PC Modded world cant load

so ive been having a problem where my world where the games says "Load failed!" or "Load failed! No backup found." when i try to load the world it get the loading world 100% and says it failed.
i managed to open it in tedit just fine and save it there too, but if i open that world ingame there are no modded tiles but it loads fine after settling the former abyss's liquid.
im guess that mean a modded tile it causing it but im not sure

i dont know why this occurred as the world was loading just fine before
the last things in the world i was doing before this problem were:
>refighting plantera
>refighting calamitas doppleganger
>making Tyrant Yharim's Ultisword
>trying to beat leviathan and siren again and failing
after a break from the game i was going to grind plantera for the blossom flux
all of the mods i have i got off the mod browser with the list of mods below:
Calamity extra music v1.0.7
Calamity mod (no calamity music) v1.4.2.101
Calamity vanities v3.0.4
Alchemist NPC v8.4
Recipe Browser v0.7.3
Worldgen previewer v.0.3
Calamity mod music v1.4.2.1
Spectral aves' calamity chiptune boxes mod v1.2
Unleveled mod v1.6.0.1
Prefixes for enemies v2.0.0
Yet another boss health mod v1.3.2
Magic storage v0.4.3.3
VeinMiner v1.3.0.5

I also have the calamity texture pack but thats not a mod

i have attached the world that wont load ingame, could someone help please?
i could just make a new one/continue on a world with all modded tiles removed but it wouldnt be the same especially on the latter since the entire abyss, sulphurous sea, and astral metor/biome would be gone​

Attachments

• magical_uwu_land.wld
    6.5 MB · Views: 171
Yea, your world save is corrupted. Unless you have a backup from before the world was corrupted, you can't really do much.

Corruption of files can randomly happen in general, there doesn't seem to be a cause here, other than the corruption & TEdit removing all modded blocks.

okay i zpped it and its in the zip, i dont know if you be able to do anything tho. i guess ive kinda reached the acceptance stage and am ready to move on but you can fix it great, if not oh well.

Attachments

• twld of the world.zip
    189.4 KB · Views: 104
okay i zpped it and its in the zip, i dont know if you be able to do anything tho. i guess ive kinda reached the acceptance stage and am ready to move on but you can fix it great, if not oh well.
Here you go. Just replace the .twld with this one, and it should load fine.

Looks like the problem was cased by item frames. They can sometimes go weird with tModLoader. There should be 2 of them in that world, I suggest you get rid of them, to avoid future issues.

Attachments

• magical_uwu_land.zip
    161.5 KB · Views: 95
ah
item frames
the reason i had them is becuase of fluke where dungeon enemies were spawning during a plantera fight and i wanted to display some drops i got, i can remove them easy
i thankies you

its still not working, what do i do now?
Well, there is a chance of another thing being the issue.
Did you generate your world a long while back, before Calamity 1.3.4? If you did, you need to get the mod "Large World Enabler", as a few versions of Calamity before then expanded the world height to make room for Planetoids. This was later removed, making all expanded worlds unloadable without the mod I've mentioned.

i made the world on the same version of calamity im running it on which is 1.4.2.101, even i do have large world enabler install any way. so i dont thank thats the problem.

its still not working, what do i do now?
Oh, yeah, sorry... I loaded up the world to check if it works, and it looks like that broke it again. I fixed it better this time, got rid of the item frames. I've put the contents into a chest.

Well, there is a chance of another thing being the issue.
Did you generate your world a long while back, before Calamity 1.3.4? If you did, you need to get the mod "Large World Enabler", as a few versions of Calamity before then expanded the world height to make room for Planetoids. This was later removed, making all expanded worlds unloadable without the mod I've mentioned.
That's only a problem with large worlds though, and this is a medium one.

Attachments

• WorldFixed.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 128
oh my god yes it works! thanksies! now im curious how you fixed world without loading it, like is a there a tedit like probgram that can see mod stuff? like how did you do it?

It just happened the same to me half an hour ago and Ive been trying to find a solution. please help meeeeee
[doublepost=1561093557,1561093025][/doublepost]
Oh, yeah, sorry... I loaded up the world to check if it works, and it looks like that broke it again. I fixed it better this time, got rid of the item frames. I've put the contents into a chest.

That's only a problem with large worlds though, and this is a medium one.

Could you help me please

could be item frames or weapons stands like with my case, if you send him the .wld and .twld files he should be able to fix it, if you need help locating those i can point you in the right direction

:sigh:I found them. so should I send them in zip?
[doublepost=1561094930,1561094545][/doublepost]there it is, please help me if you have time, I spent way to much time in that world to just lose all of it because of an item frame. Thank you!

Attachments

• THE_world.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 91
:sigh:I found them. so should I send them in zip?
[doublepost=1561094930,1561094545][/doublepost]there it is, please help me if you have time, I spent way to much time in that world to just lose all of it because of an item frame. Thank you!
That zip only has a .wld file. I'm gonna need the .twld file with the same name as well. It should be in the same folder.

oh my god yes it works! thanksies! now im curious how you fixed world without loading it, like is a there a tedit like probgram that can see mod stuff? like how did you do it?
I used dnSpy to figure out why the world isn't loading. It's a CIL decompiler with a built-in debugger. I used that to look at the exception that actually caused the load to fail.

I did the actual fix using NBTExlorer. I just deleted everything from the .twld file under "Containers/Item frames". I then loaded the world and manually broke all the item frames.

Back
Top Bottom