Weapons & Equip Moon lord eye summon drop

New summon from moon lord?

• Total voters

Critical moose

Eye of Cthulhu
I'm not going to lie, I was kind of disappointed when I got to see all of the moon lord drops and noticed there were two sentry summons. I know that you get the dragon and cell staff right before the fight with the Moon Lord, but I still think the moon lord should drop a normal summon that follows you.

I don't think this would be too soon in the game's progression to have another minion, because:

1. You can make a gun from vortex fragments even though a much better gun drops from the boss.
2. Unlike the other classes, the summoner class only has two different kinds of weapons. Another summonable minion would make you feel truly accomplished as a player using the summoner class.

What that is (along with if you even include it) is entirely up to you. I personally thought it could be eyes that shoot lasers or something like that. You are usually creative with things like this. (I never would have thought of a crystal that shoots disco lasers.)

Whether it is an additional drop or if it replaces an existing one doesn't matter. The melee class has three different drops anyway, so it wouldn't be unfair. I think this would be a very good idea and would be very happy as a dedicated player of the game.

Even though I'm not really a summoner, I like this idea. The summoner class, just doesn't have enough to play around with.
Support.

Though it might not fit with the theme, how about this for a staff:

Twilight Draconis Staff
72 summon damage
4% critical strike chance
uses 10 mana
Spews shadow fire bursts at nearby enemies that inflict the shadowflame debuff​

Though it might not fit with the theme, how about this for a staff:

Twilight Draconis Staff
72 summon damage
4% critical strike chance
uses 10 mana
Spews shadow fire bursts at nearby enemies that inflict the shadowflame debuff​
I was thinking more along the lines of summoning miniature versions of the true eyes of Cthulhu.

Maybe it could summon four planets (it works because the optic staff summons two) that follow you. These planets would represent the four pillars through their appearance and attacks.

The Summoner class isn't as developed as the other classes, and people need more to toy and toss around with.

Support.

Maybe it could summon four planets (it works because the optic staff summons two) that follow you. These planets would represent the four pillars through their appearance and attacks.
Planets OR miniture Celestial Pillars...?

Each Pillar has a biome hazard; Vortex has spheres shooting targeted lighting, Stardust makes two shperes that link lines between them dealing damage across it, Solar has falling fireballs and Nebula Pillar doesn't have any but if it did I'm imagine it'd inflict the Obstructed debuff like from Brain Suckler by shooting out discs that bounce once. Best example of Obstructed inflicted to mobs would be almost like how they act when you're in stealth; they don't attack you unless you directly hit them with a weapon, so it excludes minions.

For such a powerful summon weapon I think it'd be fitting that it maxes out at four instances and you can only summon them in lots of two. Random two the first use taking up two minion slots and you need two more to complete, no third as middle ground. Non-summoners get to enjoy half power with one accessory and full summoners have fun with something that's reserved for them. Minions don't target other players so I don't see how'd this would have outcries against.

Instead of the minions flying off and hitting whatever they stay static to your possition and attack by summoning their attacks around the area

Back
Top Bottom