• Total voters

Uniquepotatoes

Terrarian
Vortexian.png
Stargazer.png
Predictor.png
Selenian.png
250px-Moon_Lord.png
See the resemblance? The moon lord is generally vortex themed with a teal details and an odd brownish skin. The vortexian looks quite similar to the moon lord in it's anatomy as well with some obvious differences. The other humanoid enemies from the pillars have different colors with only the selenian having a similar skin color and they all seem to be expansions of the vortexian design as all of them have added details - more exposed brain, bigger core etc.

This makes it seem like the moon lord is vortex themed and i really wonder why?
His luminite bars are similar in color to weapons and armor crafted from vortex fragments.
Vortex_armor.png
Luminite_Bar.png
Phantasm.png

I wonder if there's a story behind this - maybe each pillar had its own moon lord like boss from the start or maybe the moon lord was differently colored. Do you have any idea why they would make him so similar to the vortex enemies and pillar in color?

Vortexian.png
Stargazer.png
Predictor.png
Selenian.png
250px-Moon_Lord.png
See the resemblance? The moon lord is generally vortex themed with a teal details and an odd brownish skin. The vortexian looks quite similar to the moon lord in it's anatomy as well with some obvious differences. The other humanoid enemies from the pillars have different colors with only the selenian having a similar skin color and they all seem to be expansions of the vortexian design as all of them have added details - more exposed brain, bigger core etc.

This makes it seem like the moon lord is vortex themed and i really wonder why?
His luminite bars are similar in color to weapons and armor crafted from vortex fragments.
Vortex_armor.png
Luminite_Bar.png
Phantasm.png

I wonder if there's a story behind this - maybe each pillar had its own moon lord like boss from the start or maybe the moon lord was differently colored. Do you have any idea why they would make him so similar to the vortex enemies and pillar in color?
A simple browse through some of the assets shows that almost all the the vortex stuff comes first in terms of item IDs compared to the rest of the fragments. My personal opinion is that the vortex stuff was created first and then later they added the rest of the fragments. The stardust stuff was seemingly created at a later time than the rest considering stardust related items don't start appearing in the Item IDs until much further down the list

A simple browse through some of the assets shows that almost all the the vortex stuff comes first in terms of item IDs compared to the rest of the fragments. My personal opinion is that the vortex stuff was created first and then later they added the rest of the fragments. The stardust stuff was seemingly created at a later time than the rest considering stardust related items don't start appearing in the Item IDs until much further down the list
Maybe they originally only planned for one pillar, vortex and later thought one for each class would be fitting? The addition of stardust probably has something to do with summoner emblem making summoner an official class and all
[doublepost=1509799962,1509799848][/doublepost]It does point towards them making moon lord with vortex stuff and adding other pillars later but maybe they planned for four moon lords originally, one for each class... I would like that tbh

Back
Top Bottom