Game Mechanics More Inventory Space

Corruption

Terrarian
I have posted this before, but I still feel this is relevant;

Terraria does not have enough inventory space for late game.

With the abundance of unique items it becomes extremely difficult to collect those items and organize them late game, as a reward for defeating the expert mode lunatic cultist, the player should be awarded with an item similar to a demon heart, that increases your inventory space by 10.

Mining Set + Celestial Shell + Vortex Pickaxe + Mining Potion + Spelunkerer Potion
Vanity Set: Vortex Armour + Worm Scarf(Next to Celestial Shell)
Other Accessories: Solar Wings + Star Veil + Frostspark Boots + Charm of Myths + Ankh Shield
Action Bar: Vortex Hamaxe, Solar Eruption, SDMG(Chloro Rounds)+(Crystal Rounds), Rod of Discord, Magic Mirror/Cell Phone, Stardust Dragon Staff, Greater Healing Pots,

If you go into the jungle with this gear setup, to fast mine around grabbing chlorphyte, life fruit, farming plantera, looting chests, picking up dye stuff, paintings, mud, you will find that your inventory literally fills up in less than 5 minutes. Safe+Piggy Bank+Defenders Forge extend your trip by 20mins at best, only under the condition that you are not using these portable inventories to store other important items like armour/weapon switches. (And then the player needs to set these items down constantly to store items efficiently into them.)

I've never really needed additional inventory space. An organized storage system works pretty well.
Mining Set + Celestial Shell + Vortex Pickaxe + Mining Potion + Spelunkerer Potion
Vanity Set: Vortex Armour + Worm Scarf(Next to Celestial Shell)
Other Accessories: Solar Wings + Star Veil + Frostspark Boots + Charm of Myths + Ankh Shield
Action Bar: Vortex Hamaxe, Solar Eruption, SDMG(Chloro Rounds)+(Crystal Rounds), Rod of Discord, Magic Mirror/Cell Phone, Stardust Dragon Staff, Greater Healing Pots,

If you go into the jungle with this gear setup, to fast mine around grabbing chlorphyte, life fruit, farming plantera, looting chests, picking up dye stuff, paintings, mud, you will find that your inventory literally fills up in less than 5 minutes. Safe+Piggy Bank+Defenders Forge extend your trip by 20mins at best, only under the condition that you are not using these portable inventories to store other important items like armour/weapon switches. (And then the player needs to set these items down constantly to store items efficiently into them.)
No, the piggy bank/safe combo definitely makes a trip to the jungle last longer. Once you've gotten at least one of most jungle items, e.g. seeds, vines, mud, spores, w/e, your inventory stops filling up pretty fast. At least from my experience.

I don't even know what the defender's forge is, but if it's ANOTHER piggy-bank-like item, then I feel that we don't need more inventory space.

I've never really needed additional inventory space. An organized storage system works pretty well.

No, the piggy bank/safe combo definitely makes a trip to the jungle last longer. Once you've gotten at least one of most jungle items, e.g. seeds, vines, mud, spores, w/e, your inventory stops filling up pretty fast. At least from my experience.

I don't even know what the defender's forge is, but if it's ANOTHER piggy-bank-like item, then I feel that we don't need more inventory space.
A really dumb feature of the OOA is that it has an item that extends your inventory capacity. Why something like that would be locked to optional content is beyond me.

A really dumb feature of the OOA is that it has an item that extends your inventory capacity. Why something like that would be locked to optional content is beyond me.
It's not uncommon; It's the equivalent of a side quest.

On-Topic, I feel as if the 4 inventories worth of space that we already have is plenty.

I agree. Probably this feature should not be enabled in vanilla teraria, but give modders an ability to customize inventory size, chest capacity and slots arrangement

I feel the piggy bank/ safe/ defender's forge offer enough space but some nice QoL improvements would be to allow linking them to hot keys that open them or in the case of the safe and forge also puts them back in the player inventory, thus eliminating those frustrating moments of "oh no the safe is missing in my inventory-ok, where did I leave it, time to retrace my steps..." or at least if you start to wander off and leave the safe behind the game gives you some sort of alert.

As for the late game struggle to keep all the chests back at base organised, I would love a feature that allows me to pick several chests simultaneously to sort and organise as a group.

Back
Top Bottom