Weapons & Equip More shields

Companion Cube

Retinazer
There are not enough variety in shields for most playstyles. Only how to get hit a lot.
I've made a few shields to try and curb the problem.

Frozen Shield
big Frozen shield.png

The frozen shield is a combination between the anhk shield and the frozen turtle shell. It gives you 25% damage resistance when under 50% health, knockback resistance and all the debuff resistances the anhk shield has.

Frog Shield
Frog Shield.png

The frog shield is a combination of the frog leg and the anhk shield and gives all the jump related buffs if the frog leg and all the resistance related buffs of the anhk shield.

Master Frog Shield
Master Frog Shield.png

The master frog shield is a combination between master ninja gear and the frog shield. It gives all the benefits of the frog shield and gives the ability to dash, a 10% chance to dodge an attack, and the ability to climb walls.

Again, the problem with the Frog Shield (and Master Frog Shield) is that it doesn't really make thematic sense. It'd be much more appropriate to mix an Ankh Shield with other defensive accessories in the game, such as the Frozen Turtle Shell as you proposed. From what I can gather, however, it seems that the Master Frog Shield may be a bit unbalanced, especially as it compiles two already very useful mobility accessories with a defensive accessory that is preferable by many players who have the patience necessary to create it.

Besides, I don't really find much of a problem from a lack of shields in the game. Shields are just like any other accessory, providing a useful or otherwise niche stat boost or alteration. If shields had some sort of other slot in the equipment section as a way to block hits, then it'd be a different story.

My main complaint is that the Ankh Shield is already a pain to get and takes forever, so adding more upgrades past it seems tedious. Also as already stated the frog leg and the shield don't mix well. The Master frog gear again seems kinda redundant, and perhaps the Master ninja gear could simply be combined with a cobalt or obsidian shield instead.
I do like the idea of combining the frozen turtle shell with a shield, perhaps instead of the Ankh it is instead combined with a cobalt/obsidian or even a paladin shield.

Back
Top Bottom