U support dis?

• i support dis

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • i no support dis

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Lizardead

Skeletron
The other day I finally got the Mechanic, and immediately I set to wiring up a bunch of statues I found to farm mobs. But, when I got to my two goblin statues (something I was really looking forward to being able to spawn), ...it didn't do anything. I was pretty pissed, considering the chest statue I tested just for fun spawned a mimic that killed me three times. Could you guys give spawning functionality to the eyeball/goblin statues?

The goblin statue wouldn't really make a difference, it would simply just wind up being used as a replacement for skeleton statues in batteries people create and the sort. Having the demoneye statue spawn demoneyes would also be far too OP, as you could wind up with a butt load of lens without effort aside from a little RNG in finding the statue.
No support.

The goblin statue wouldn't really make a difference, it would simply just wind up being used as a replacement for skeleton statues in batteries people create and the sort. Having the demoneye statue spawn demoneyes would also be far too OP, as you could wind up with a butt load of lens without effort aside from a little RNG in finding the statue.
No support.
Lenses don't really do anything for you in mass amounts unless you want to farm crimsonite for weapons and such, and to be honest by the time you can even use wires you'd probably have a full set of weapons and armour.

EDIT: Also, there's still the Imp, Lizahrd and Hornet statues, although I assume you could make similar arguments for those.

Lenses are used for creating the mechanical eye as well as the suspicious looking eye, if you could make a whole bunch of mechanical ones without even worrying about farming lens, it'd have a negative effect on the mid-game economy.
If these extra mobs were to be added to spawns from new functional statues, I'd argue that like most of the current ones, they not drop nearly nothing.
Piranhas drop hooks, skeletons drop hooks and bone blades, bats drop depth meters and chain knives, sharks drop fins (which really aren't used for anything) and diving helmets, and all of them drop banners.
So if they were to make goblin and demoneye statues functionally spawn the referenced enemy, then they should only drop banners.
So, I guess, partial support.

Lenses are used for creating the mechanical eye as well as the suspicious looking eye, if you could make a whole bunch of mechanical ones without even worrying about farming lens, it'd have a negative effect on the mid-game economy.
If these extra mobs were to be added to spawns from new functional statues, I'd argue that like most of the current ones, they not drop nearly nothing.
Piranhas drop hooks, skeletons drop hooks and bone blades, bats drop depth meters and chain knives, sharks drop fins (which really aren't used for anything) and diving helmets, and all of them drop banners.
So if they were to make goblin and demoneye statues functionally spawn the referenced enemy, then they should only drop banners.
So, I guess, partial support.

Here, let me rebut you, because I want to support this suggestion. By the time you have the wires to farm them, hooks and bone blades are sodding irrelevant. Depth Metres and Chain Knives should be farmable imo, fins and helmets are useless, and banners are decoration. Also, by the time that the player needs to make Mechanical Eyes, they should already have all the lenses they would ever need for that purpose.

Back
Top Bottom