Items More Storage types & chest limit improvement

GAMESweetG

Terrarian
I am happy that the dressers was able to be also turned into another type of storage. Other than using chests.

But there are other decor that could be turned into another storage. Like there's bookcases. Most bookcases has little cupboards on them, from what I've seen in the game. Sofas in real life are known to have things hidden in them. The clocks have a storage casing in them as well. Pianos can store stuff in them through the top compartment.

Also I'm not at all happy why the game is restricted to only having 1000 chests. My main world exceeds 1000 chests. And I've been sorting my chests and found that since I've reduced my performance lag issue since I done that. As before sometimes when walking around my mansion. I sometimes have unexpected FPS dropped for a millisecond. Even though the game settings for graphics is lowered since the past few updates had introduced newer graphics settings.

The chests limit should vary between world sizes.
  • Small World has 1000 chests
  • Medium World has 1500 chests
  • Large World has 2000 chests
But not including the chests that are included from a generated created world though.

By the way why can't the game handle more than 1000 chests?

I would be really interested in increasing the chest limit, while still being able to play and be able to joined by steam friends (So no external mod).
I think that the chest limit takes away some part of the freedom this to some part sandbox game offers to me.

It could be treated like in minecraft with the chests... Limit is your PC, I dont care if I would have a 120 FPS because of too many chests instead of 300 FPS.

I really want to give this topic a bump, maybe its not much to change the limit. A reply by someone who knows how it works would be nice.

Its really easy why I want more chests. I am german, and I like the stuff nice and tidy, while keeping all that I ever collected. Thats just in my genes.
I would love to experiment with automated sorting "minecraft style", but that I guess will be a few updates out, if i will ever arrive. I always read "Why do you need it" and people even get angry, a higher limit doesnt hurt anybody that doesnt use it.

Back
Top Bottom