Weapons & Equip More variety for celestial tier, and making it better!

RushOfCold

Spazmatism
Hey guys, I've been thinking about the celestial tier armor, and I noticed it seemed more or less of a sidegrade, and they have their own flaws, despite still being amazing. These are just some concepts.

I know this has been suggested before, but I'm putting this in my own words, and style.
I will try sprites for the new helms, but for now, I'd rather have donations or leave it be.

This suggestion is to make these armor sets more than a sidegrade to their counterparts and make them overall, better. Also to think about other things for them.

Solar Flare

Solar Flare Armor (Melee Tank Set)
90 Defense
+16% Melee Damage
+7% Melee Haste
+12% Melee Critical Strike Chance
Enemies are more likely to target you
+15% Movement Speed
SET BONUS: Dual solar shields generate over time. You can increase their power by tanking more damage. Reduces damage intake by 40% for 6 hits, can be increased to 50% by taking more damage for more time

This is for true tanks. With a lack in damage and offensive stats like the two below, defense is all in the name. It also encourages support because it allows you to take damage for your team, and you get rewarded for more defensive power. When used correctly, you can literally be a tank.

Solar Flare Armor (Melee Balance Set Remastered)
85 Defense
+22% melee damage
+17% melee critical hit chance
+15% movement and melee speed
Enemies are more likely to target you
SET BONUS: A solar shield generates overtime, and will shield you from 30% of damage, while having the ability to dash while they are active.

Nothing really changed, besides a nice, 7 defense boost. Since it was pretty lacking there compared to the beetle armor's tank set.

Solar Flare Armor (Melee Rusher Set)
80 Defense
+34% Melee Damage
+18% Melee Haste
+20% Melee Critical Strike Chance
Always inflict the solar flare debuff for melee attacks
Enemies are less likely to target you
+15% Movement Speed
SET BONUS: Solar energy is in your veins. You can do powerful dashes (which can be performed while the solar energy is active), and have incredible speed and damage while you are actively dealing damage. Damage can be boosted by 30%, speed by 20%, and agility by 10%.

This is a serious step in the offensive category. You are rewarded for going all-out and multiplying damage to become the fear of the battlefield. The downside is going to be your low defensive power. But with the right tinkering, you can make yourself a pretty powerful loadout with the rusher set by itself.

Vortex

Vortex Armor (Ranged Sniper Set)
75 Defense
+28% Ranged Damage
-30% Ammo Consumption
+20% Ranged Critical Strike Chance
+10% Movement Speed
SET BONUS: Double tapping S places you in stealth, greatly increasing ranged abilities. You will be the last to be aggro'd by enemies while in stealth, and the chance is at 20% even if you are the only player.

The Vortex armor, being as meh as it is already, introduced stealth. The stealth wasn't a great idea with it's low defensive power, and how impairing it was and how useless it was. With this, you get even more defensive power, a lot actually, and the stealth itself is actually useful. It encourages long range sniping support, and makes it a possible thing to actually use!

Vortex Armor (Ranged Balanced Set Remastered)
70 Defense
+36% Ranged Damage
-30% Ammo Consumption
+25% Ranged Critical Strike Chance
+10% Movement Speed
SET BONUS: You can initiate vortexian mode, by Double tapping S, which slightly decreases mobility, but increases ranged abilities. You have a 40% chance to be detected while in this mode.

With a nice 8 defense increase, you get a balance between long and close range. The mobility change isn't so big, but the ranged increase is also pretty minor compared to the sniper set. This time, you can multitask, and not pay such a terrible price.

Vortex Armor (Ranged Rusher Set)
65 Defense
+42% Ranged Damage
-30% Ammo Consumption
+30% Ranged Critical Strike Chance
+10% Movement Speed
SET BONUS: You can go into storm mode, by Double tapping S, which enables vortex dashing, increased ranged abilities, and overall mobility. Will be deactivated after 30 seconds, and has a 30 second cooldown

Vortex Armor seemed to have a lot of potential for going out there and just dealing serious damage. Except the only problem was, the ability sucked and took away your ability to be mobile, thus being killed instantly by everything around you. Instead, you can do the complete opposite and become even more powerful and mobile, the more mobile you are and damage you deal.

Nebula

Nebula Armor (Magic Supporter Set)
60 Defense
+20% Magic Damage
+10% Magic Critical Strike Chance
+10% Movement Speed
+60 Mana
-15% Mana Usage
SET BONUS: The more damage you take, you can be healed by your damage when low on health. Similar to spectre heal, it will summon pink nebula fireballs to heal you and your teammates, all at once, not having to wait. (Heal amount is capped at 5, minimum is 1.)

The buff drops that the nebula armor introduced could've made a great supporter class, however it seemed very useless during boss battles and only invasions. And during most boss battles, people don't have the time to go pick up nebula boosters and take damage. Instead, why not have it be convenient like spectre heal? And why not have a tank mage?

Nebula Armor (Magic Balanced Set Remastered)
55 Defense
+25% Magic Damage
+15% Magic Critical Strike Chance
+10% Movement Speed
+80 Mana
-15% Mana Usage
SET BONUS: Nebula Boosters are spawned, and duplicate themselves to power up you and your teammates, depending on the times you hit bosses or amount of enemies you kill.

I felt that the old set bonus was nice, however making it more useful for every situation would be great. And I noticed just like solar armor, this had a balance. And was a supporter based armor. So I made it like spectre armor, but more convenient.

Nebula Armor (Magic Rusher Set)
50 Defense
+32% Magic Damage
+20% Magic Critical Strike Chance
+10% Movement Speed
+100 Mana
-18% Mana Usage
SET BONUS: You are empowered with nebula energy which depending on how many enemies you kill in rapid succession, boosts stats by 5% for each kill (capped at 30% increase, slowly wears off every 2 seconds). Works different for bosses, every 10 hits creates the same effect.

The only way to be a proper rusher mage is use the old spectre set. But people want the shiny new nebula armor. So now it's going to act a bit like the beetle might ability, and haste will be key. That's why you have reasonable defense and incredibly high damage.

Stardust

Stardust Armor (Remastered)
45 Defense
+45% Summon Damage
+5 Max Minions
+9% Movement Speed
SET BONUS: Summons a Stardust Guardian to proect you. The Guardian when on you, will add 15 Defense and +5% Damage, when he’s deployed, he will aggro enemies and boss minions, dealing 200 damage per hit.

Let's be honest, Stardust armor's damage boost was insane. 66%? And spooky at HALF of that. So let's put it down to 45%. Can't hurt, right? So were not going to let the stardust guardian become even more useless, no.. were going to make him useful for once! Because let's be honest, he's such a disappointment and deserves more honor.

Hope you guys liked it! Feel free to leave suggestions and provide sprites. Thank you!
This is also a WIP, I'll attempt to update it.

Last edited:
I like it but I think the Stardust would have 3 different types to it. Swarmer which focuses on loading up on minions, the remastered set you have and one focused on Support or something.

Back
Top Bottom