tModLoader More Variety Mod!

What should be my next step?

• Continue with the crossbows and bolts!

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Make new enemy drops!

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • More biome NPC variants!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ValsAerospace

Empress of Light
More Variety Mod!

A mod that adds variety to the game.

v9HkWoe.png

Wooden Crossbow. First item in the mod! Working on stats.
Made from 20 Wood, 2 Iron Bars, and 2 Chain.

k3089CW.png

Armor Splitter Axe! Inflicts the 'Broken Armor' Debuff on enemies. Working on stats.
Recipe pending.

The Progress Checking Binary:

If green, progress is going smoothly!

If yellow, progress is going okay, but could do better! (Could mean more spriters are needed!)
If orange, the development is going slowly, possibly even at a standstill for a short time.
If red, the development has stopped. This mod may pick back up in a while, though.

Job Availability Checklist:
Coders: It's just me, myself and I. I could use some help, but don't really need it.
Spriters: We're fine for now, but help would be appreciated!
Beta Testers: I am currently the only tester, but other people would be appreciated. (Keep in mind, the mod is in alpha, so there isn't much to test)
Idea Generators: All of you, in the comments, could generate ideas!

Credits:
@TheGeckoGamer ~ The creator and lead programmer!
@NaClProduction ~ Co-creator and lead spriter!
@ca595
~ Spriter!
@TheParrotKing
~ Spriter!
@Smackydafrog ~ Beta Tester!

@Soulkeeper Krohitsu ~ Creator of the Gyrolite mod, the person who inspired me to learn modding!

And a big thanks to...

All of TCF! Seriously, you guys are an awesome community!

Thanks for reading! :D

Last edited:
Excited to see where this goes! I wish you the best of luck, and I'll be back to keep taking a look. :happy:
Thanks @Soulkeeper Krohitsu!

EDIT: Wooden Crossbow Sprite is done! It is functional in game! Also, I want to point out, this is my first mod, so things may not be too complicated. Authough, I've thought about a Tsunami repeater, and instead of five arrows at once, it turns normal arrows into a special 'Tsunami Arrow' that leaves a trail of water particles, and they shoot lightning fast!

Last edited:
More Variety Mod!

This is a mod that will add more variety to the game (obviously) by adding crossbows (early game repeaters, but harder to craft than their bow equivalents, as they are slightly better) along with bolts, that can be crafted with ANY two bars, so you could mix a hellstone tip (applies the burning debuff) and a stone body (makes the bolt faster, but also less damage) and adding things like new variants to NPCs, like the bloodmoon zombie having a variation if it is in the jungle, turning it into a "mud man" and making new town NPCs as well. An alpha version is in the making right now, currently attepting to put the (let me do some math!) 180+ bolts in! I may rethink this later, having just 1 for each bar / material. I will update you guys content-wise soon, so be patient while the sprites are made. The code for many of the crossbows is done, just waiting for @NaClProduction to complete some more sprites!

The Progress Checking Binary:

If green, progress is going smoothly!

If yellow, progress is going okay, but could do better! (Could mean more spriters are needed!)
If orange, the development is going slowly, possibly even at a standstill for a short time.
If red, the development has stopped. This mod may pick back up in a while, though.

Job Availability Checklist:
Coders: It's just me, myself and I. I could use some help, but don't really need it.
Spriters: One person. We could use some help with this.
Beta Testers: I am currently the only tester, but other people would be appreciated. (Keep in mind, the mod is in alpha, so there isn't much to test)
Idea Generators: All of you, in the comments, could generate ideas!

Credits:
@TheGeckoGamer ~ The creator and lead programmer!
@NaClProduction ~ Co-creator and lead spriter!

@Soulkeeper Krohitsu ~ Creator of the Gyrolite mod, the person who inspired me to learn modding!

And a big thanks to...

All of TCF! Seriously, you guys are an awesome community!

Thanks for reading! :D
i would love to help! (spriting)

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-30_19-24-24.png
    upload_2017-1-30_19-24-24.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 174
Expect a major post overhaul in the near future, possibly tomorrow morning!

New sprite in the attachments:

Attachments

• Splitter Axe.png
    Splitter Axe.png
    807 bytes · Views: 146
Sorry for the double post, but quick update, working hard on some prehardmode and hardmode spears! (throwing weapon, not the stabby stab one)

jHrAXE1.png
and
Ck38Fyo.png

Hellstone and Hallowed respectively!

also there may be a pet (or like five) coming up that has something to do with my signature! |
|
\/ (it's a bad arrow, I know)

Back
Top Bottom