Xbox One Multiplayer Bugginess

ClovenOrb208

Terrarian
After learning about the new update to Terraria on console, my friends and I decided to play through again, and all was well up until partway into hard mode. Long story short, the game keeps crashing, repeatedly. The person who hosted our previous play through is hosting again, so I am pretty sure that isn't the problem. After browsing briefly, we found a similar issue regarding autosave. We tried the fix discussed, and it still didn't work. Unfortunately I have no screenshots or video to share, but I am wondering if anyone has had the following happen:

- While the host is moving, a player joining will cause the host, and by extension, the world, to crash.
- Frame rate dips below reasonable levels (I've noticed with mine carts personally)
- Being kicked from the world after a long period of being frozen
- Players appear frozen in place, while their game is frozen

The two issues I suspect are multiple areas of the map being rendered are causing issues, or the large number of gravestones or particle effects (expert mode, heh).

The most recent, and most violent issue is as follows:

My friends and I were farming the dungeon to get some loot. All the roles were there: magic, melee, summon, and ranged. Summon makes a comment about getting the pirate staff, so melee summons a pirate invasion. We head back to spawn, to fight the pirates. Spawn is littered with gravestones, and is where I personally have the most issues. So me and melee are at spawn, and we just keep on freezing. I can only watch as the progress bar jumps in percentage with each jump. Eventually I get kicked to the title screen, and rejoin. I freeze almost as soon as I load in, and the cycle repeats. At one point my whole game crashes, and I am kicked back to the xbox title screen.

If anyone has experienced anything similar, please let me know if you found a fix. Any ideas to fix this would be welcome, also I am thinking about gathering videos and screenshots to submit a bug report later on.

Thank you for reading.

TL;DR: In multiplayer, my game is buggier than in single player, and I crash. A lot.

Back
Top Bottom