Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
So, for the last two updates excluding 1.4.0.3 I'm having some issues regarding game crashes that is annoying me and my friend a lot. We are playing on multiplayer 1.4.x (probably both two versions before 1.4.0.3) and I keep getting crashing errors during random moments of the game that seem to come out of nowhere nor getting triggered by any specific event from what I can perceive. It just crashes after some time playing on multiplayer. We just normally play and after some few minutes (sometimes the crashing error occurs in very little time, sometimes takes longer than that, more or less between 1 to 30 minutes) the game just crashes and then we have to repeat the same process of opening the game and then the game crashing again while we play on multiplayer. The game doesn't seem to crash while in singleplayer, but I didn't played in it long enough to determine if it crashes in it or not as I played with my friend in multiplayer most of the time. Maybe it crashes, maybe it does not. I hosted the server in the majority of the times that the game crashed, but it also crashes while playing in my friend's server. The server was always hosted through letting my friends enter the server on Steam and then I invite him, but not with the ''invite only'' option. Below are some images of the crash errors. The first crash error occurred at Tuesday 19 02:55 AM, the second occurred at Wednesday 20 10:52 AM, the third at Friday 22 10:11 AM, and the fourth at Friday 22 10:25, all of them at GMT/UTC -03:00, but I want to say that the fourth one is not mine, but my friend's crash error that started happening after update 1.4.0.3 went live, before this version he didn't have any problems with his game crashing. I don't remember which versions I was playing when the crashes happened, but it was the versions that were live by the time that the crashes happened. I only know the last two ones which were today (1.4.0.3). I already tried to disable Steam Cloud Sync after I started searching for solutions by the time that the game crashed for the first time after 1.4.0.1, I already checked for potentially corrupt game files through verifying file integrity on Steam, I already put Terraria to run as administrator, I already tried to reinstall the game as well as the XNA framework, I already checked for the the ''read only'' option on Terraria's player/world files (which were already disabled), but the crashing still happens after all of that. I don't see the first crash error coming up again after update 1.4.0.3 when the game crashes, but the third one still happens until now even though I didn't played long enough to see if the first crash error appears again.

Something kinda unrelated to this, but I think it's worth mentioning, is that just after 1.4.0.3 update, my server hosting just lose connection after some time playing. My internet connection doesn't seem to be bad or anything, but it still happens anyways out of nowhere. It didn't happened before 1.4.0.3. Apparently this only occurs while I'm playing in full screen and then I Alt+Tab to check something else, but I'm not sure if it's just when I exit full screen. I'm hosting in the same way as I did before: with Steam multiplayer option enabled, ''allowed users'' as ''friends'', and ''allow friends of friends'' option as off, and then I invite my friend to play through Steam.

Attachments

• crash1.jpg
    crash1.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 319
  • crash2.jpg
    crash2.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 339
  • crash3.jpg
    crash3.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 205
  • crash4.png
    crash4.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
These are at least 2 different errors, one possibly relating to wave effects, and the other one we are currently looking into.

You may have some luck setting lighting to "Color", it may reduce some of these crashes while we work on fixes.

Back
Top Bottom