**REPORTED** [Multiplayer] Treasure Bags sometimes do not render and cannot be interacted with

punchready

Terrarian
Your Terraria Device
Multiple Devices
Mobile OS
Multiple OS
1695065135581.png

I've had multiple players experience this by now, all on the latest version and with a variety of bags. Happens exclusively to the mobile players on the server, PC players are unaffected.
The bag shows its name when hovered but is not visible and cannot be picked up. As this is an instanced drop the server also can't do much to cause this.

View attachment 427727
I've had multiple players experience this by now, all on the latest version and with a variety of bags. Happens exclusively to the mobile players on the server, PC players are unaffected.
The bag shows its name when hovered but is not visible and cannot be picked up. As this is an instanced drop the server also can't do much to cause this.
What type of server are you playing on? Is it one that a friend made? Or a public server? Public servers often run modifications that can impact the game differently, whether it’s intended or not.

At the moment, even though it’s possible, official crossplay is not supported.

It is a server that I develop, and this should work properly, especially considering that it does most the time.
I wouldn't report this if there was a realistic chance for it to be caused by the server, all good :)

Thanks for the report - to confirm, are you using a PC dedicated environment? How many players were fighting the boss at the time?

Also, did the latest patch (1.4.4.9.4) improve this behaviour at all?

I was able to confirm another case of this issue on an android 1.4.4.9.5 client (build 1081). Yes, this is a PC server with crossplay enabled, however that should not matter because the networking is the same (at least where it matters).

Echoing what Unit One said - from testing mobile MP logic, this strikes me as a byproduct of crossplay not being implemented yet. The main reason PC/mobile are able to play together currently is due to version parity, though the ability for them to do so is not something that we've officially supported; thus, little inconsistencies are likely to pop up until such a time.

I'll continue to test mobile-on-mobile play to make sure this doesn't pop up there, but so far I haven't spotted it. I'll add this bug to our tracker too, but it's not likely to be addressed until we tackle crossplay.

That said, thanks for the detailed info - I'll get a PC environment set up later on to try and get this reproed.

Back
Top Bottom