PC Mushroom biome town and enemy spawn rates

UnfairBox

Terrarian
So I've made a town of 4 NPCs in an underground mushroom biome and now that I'm in master mode and hard mode, a lot of enemies are spawning and killing them. I'd like some help to remove enemy spawnrates and to keep my town alive so the new pylon will work. Thank you for your help !

Attachments

• 20200525220505_1.jpg
    20200525220505_1.jpg
    443.7 KB · Views: 2,300
The mushroom biome is one of the most dangerous for the NPC to live in. Is it a journey mode character? because you can set the spawn rate to 0, if so.

The mushroom biome is one of the most dangerous for the NPC to live in. Is it a journey mode character? because you can set the spawn rate to 0, if so.
Its in Master sadly, I love the biome and im puzzled as why there even is a mushroom pylon if enemy spawn rates are so high there even with peace candles

Town is defined by amount of NPCs specifically, not the places where their houses are. Is it possible that some got killed by mobs being leashed from outside town range or something and rest werent enough to prevent spawning anymore?

Town is defined by amount of NPCs specifically, not the places where their houses are. Is it possible that some got killed by mobs being leashed from outside town range or something and rest werent enough to prevent spawning anymore?
Possibly, my picture in the original post shows where the houses are and I thought having more than 2 for the pylon would decrease/remove spawn rate but it seems that 4 isnt enough. My town on land has 0 spawns, atleast from when i've last been there so maybe I'll need more npcs down in there.

You need to have 3 or more for it to qualify as town, but you still can have enemies spawn outside it and enter if you yourself go outside for a bit and return. Especially annoying with enemies that go through walls. Either that or some mobs aren't blocked from spawning by the town which is definitely a bug. All enemies except ongoing event and bosses should be stopped by town's presense.

So I've made a town of 4 NPCs in an underground mushroom biome and now that I'm in master mode and hard mode, a lot of enemies are spawning and killing them. I'd like some help to remove enemy spawnrates and to keep my town alive so the new pylon will work. Thank you for your help !

A couple of things could help your NPCs live longer in that biome.

- Make sure all rooms have complete walls. It appears as though some have holes. This will allow monsters to spawn inside of rooms.
- Don't allow doors to the outside. NPCs aren't very bright. Remember that platforms in the ceiling/floor count as doors just for the sake of valid housing.
- Would be best to get 3+ NPCS as another stated. Then you'll only have to worry about things during a Blood Moon.

Mushroom biomes are one of the best visual biomes but all it takes is one Giant Fungi Bulb and say goodbye to some NPCs.

Back
Top Bottom