Mushrooms (regular)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audrina2k

Terrarian
Should I put brick, etc under each grass strip on my farm, or should I let the vines grow wild? I'm trying to get as many mushrooms as possible.

Thank you! :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1417740556][/DOUBLEPOST]
You should put a block under each strip, I recommend using platforms
I meant to say thank you to both of you. For some reason my posts aren't showing up right away. So, sorry for the double post. My mushrooms are already growing, so your advice was great. I've done this before, and am good at my garden layouts, but mushrooms just don't grow like I'd like.

In the early game, platforms are the best choice to put under the grass strips.

Later on when you rescue the mechanic, if you feel like it, you can make a more compact design and set the grass blocks to a timer and actuators, so it is constantly destroying weeds and vines and will automatically drop mushrooms the second they spawn. This is a very good way to farm for vile mushrooms and glowing mushrooms as well.

The use of dart traps instead to clear out weeds/vines/mushrooms can get you even more mushrooms, though you'll need a way to turn off the traps during collection.

You can combine the above two ideas and have darts constantly taking out plant growth then have a separate switch to de-activate the blocks so you can collect the ones you can't reach.

Later on when you rescue the mechanic, if you feel like it, you can make a more compact design and set the grass blocks to a timer and actuators, so it is constantly destroying weeds and vines and will automatically drop mushrooms the second they spawn. This is a very good way to farm for vile mushrooms and glowing mushrooms as well.

The use of dart traps instead to clear out weeds/vines/mushrooms can get you even more mushrooms, though you'll need a way to turn off the traps during collection.

You can combine the above two ideas and have darts constantly taking out plant growth then have a separate switch to de-activate the blocks so you can collect the ones you can't reach.
*facepalm* I never thought of timers instead of platforms and stuff.

Thank you everyone! The mushroom strips were started about 25 minutes before making this post, and here are some of the strips I have with platforms under. I'll also later add darts. Wanted to show you how well it's working even in the short time I started.
Screenshot 2014-12-04 18.25.30.png

This is genius. Honestly never thought of it. thanks for the tip, my friend. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom