Resolved Music Slider for Volume Options is Stuck at 0%! Please help! Thank You :)

SudoD.Nara

Terrarian
Hi, I'm Sudo.

I need some serious help with a problem that appeared while playing a simple run of Terraria. While playing on tmodloader version of Terraria as usual and doing a daily dungeon run, I decided that I was tired and exited to the main menu. I wait for probably 30 seconds and went to the mod browser to see some mods. Suddenly the music for the main menu fades away. I quickly check the volume options and see that music is at 0%. I raise it to 100%, but it goes back to 0% after 1.5 seconds. I try a few more times but to no avail. I decide to search up solutions on google but nothing seems to help. I verified my steam cache, reinstalled the game, checked the properties in /My Games, checked the sound mixer to see if Terraria was muted. I even restarted the computer and rebooting my computer is totally out of the question so don't even suggest it. I just need a solution that works. :( I've been playing Terraria for a few years now and have no idea why this problem hits me now.

Note* I have checked playback device properties and checked if my audio devices were up to date.

Here is some specs and other helpful information:

Attachments

• ComputerSpecs1.PNG
    ComputerSpecs1.PNG
    25.2 KB · Views: 586
  • ComputerSpecs2.PNG
    ComputerSpecs2.PNG
    17.5 KB · Views: 704
  • ComputerSpecs3.PNG
    ComputerSpecs3.PNG
    12.8 KB · Views: 538
  • ComputerSpecs4.PNG
    ComputerSpecs4.PNG
    12.2 KB · Views: 508
Last edited:
I've already tried that. The music loops once and then stops again.

Looks like Terraria officially hates me. :(

Attachments

• Terraria teasing me .PNG
    Terraria teasing me .PNG
    1.4 KB · Views: 1,113
Last edited:
Wanna know something else. I checked the volume options in game again with the windowed white bar saying, "Terraria Now with sound." I'm starting to think the developers coded Terraria to actively troll you. The music miraculously comes back when I move the slider to 80%. Go figure. It works when it wants to it seems. Thanks for the help anyway though. Terraria forums are a lot more helpful than some other forums I've been on.

Wanna know something else. I checked the volume options in game again with the windowed white bar saying, "Terraria Now with sound." I'm starting to think the developers coded Terraria to actively troll you. The music miraculously comes back when I move the slider to 80%. Go figure. It works when it wants to it seems. Thanks for the help anyway though. Terraria forums are a lot more helpful than some other forums I've been on.

Probably an unintended bug, I am sure. I have music always off mostly, but I will try it out. I think there is something odd with your sound settings perhaps. Keep messing around from time to time to see if anything changes.

Thanks for the insight. I've been messing around with config files and checking if mods from tmodloader are affecting the sound. So far I think I may have pinpointed what has been causing the problem. A certain mod causes the music in game to glitch out and once I disable that mod and reload all other mods, the music works perfectly and as it should. I messaged the mod developer about the potential bug. Thanks again for your help. I think this thread could be closed now. I'm satisfied with the results.

I'm having this problem too, please help!

EDIT: Verifying integrity of game cache fixed it

Last edited:
Hey, which mod caused this? I am having the same issue on tModLoader as well.
Edit: Sorry, I didn't know this post was old, I wasn't paying attention.

Back
Top Bottom