Switch My Bug List (Xbox 1 and Switch)

Xolonot

Terrarian
I own both terraria on the switch and Xbox One, I have played terraria for a long time, and the problems I am going to list generally apply to both.

when in split screen:

1. (Both) Items that spawn an inventory (like void bag, money trough, and other spawnable inventories, and even the functional chest pet from the deer) become almost impossible to use, it seems that their interaction box might shrink and/or work only on some frames, it is hard to tell. According to my brother it is also hard to use normal chests. But everything works normally in singleplayer. This is, in my opinion, the most annoying bug.

2. (Both) Items like the shield of cthulu cease to function consistently. It seems to maybe miss one of the side inputs often. This makes the item useless in boss fights when having people on the same device as you.

3. (Only tested on Switch) When asking to the guide about making an item, sometimes the item in the ingredients lists can be covering over the top of the number, I have only noticed this with the mechanical worm where the iron ingot Sprite is in the foreground relative to the number (5) in the background.

4. (Both) When having a visual effect activate and then deactivate (not biome background changes, specifically a visual effect) like a sandstorm, and the old ones army when the crystal either dies or survives (the flash), it makes a permanent "imprint" on the second players screen that mimics the effect or background color of the desert during a sandstorm. This effect goes away when you leave the world and come back. The first player never has a lasting background effect (to my memory) and the visual distortion can maneuver vertically based on how characters jump and move and adjust their camera angle when they enter their inventory or use the binoculars.

5. (Only tested on Switch) My brother is able to find what I believe are hardmode exclusive Strange Plants on his prehardmode world and is able to get the special dyes, I am uncertain however if it really is prehardmode attainable. The wiki says it is not attainable prehardmode, and I was never able to find any of these strange plants prehardmode, even with my shell phone as a detector, but on the same world later on hardmode I found many.

6. I am almost certain it is not a glitch, and I am sure it spans across all of the up-to-date versions of terraria, however I see it as perhaps an oversight. I play as summoner and use the critter shampoo. It does not color Sentries, which I am sure makes some sense since it has "critter" in the name, but in the same light not all summons are "critters", for example the knife and terraprisma. They still get colored by the shampoo despite that fact, and I think that sentry summons should be included as color-able summons by the shampoo.

At the moment I do not remember more, but I will surely remember and post it!

Thanks for the detailed report! To address each topic:
  1. Splitscreen void bag issue is known about, and is something that should be fixed in 1.4.5.
  2. We've received feedback in the past surrounding dash activation as a whole. I don't have a solution to share just yet, but it's certainly something we're thinking about!
  3. We've got a couple layering issues along those lines logged in our system. I believe something similar currently happens with crafting / dupe items when scrolling them to a certain point in the list.
  4. I believe the "imprint" you are speaking of regarding OOA will be addressed in 1.4.5. As for sandstorms, I'll investigate those and get any issues I find logged in our system.
  5. Prior to 1.4, strange plants used to spawn in pre-HM. This is likely an older save file that has some leftover strange plants from this era.
  6. At the moment, critter shampoo not affecting sentries matches PC behaviour. That said, the feedback is appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom