Mobile My character was deleted and world was corrupted?

EchoTheWolf99

Terrarian
So, this is the second time that my character had a bug that said it was made with a newer version of terraria. What I think happened is when I went to go make a new world, it said my bed was obstructed and it spawned me underground in a hole. The second time, the entire world was empty, no ground or lava, just a background that looked like a area from the mushroom place. When I went to go check my backups to see if the character was still there every single backup was gone.I’m extremely confused on why this is happening, does anybody have a suggestion on how to fix this?

This actually happened to me on my PC account, except just with one of the worlds. I can tell you basically what happened, or at least I believe happened:
Your world at least (I’m not sure about your character) got corrupted. Terraria makes backup files for worlds (marked .bak), and when worlds are corrupted, this is its go-to. Apon logging onto a world that is corrupted on PC, it will notify you of this and ask if you want to use a backup world. I assume this happens automatically on Mobile worlds. However, Terraria will sometimes mess up with this (I don’t really know how) and the resulting world file is blank. Worse still, it will also create no backup for this in the files. this leaves a single, blank world file.
Sadly, there appears to be no way to fix this.

Back
Top Bottom