1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.
    Dismiss Notice

My First Map! :D

Discussion in 'Released' started by Skittl3s, May 20, 2016.

1. Skittl3s

Skittl3s Terrarian

Hello Terraria community! I wanna show you my FIRST RELEASED MAP! :D
    It's very simple: there are rooms, with different challenges. that's it.
    So, here's the download link -----> http://www.mediafire.com/download/lkccyrdjfps3q2q/Adventure.wld
    Thanks! :)

PS: IT'S MY FIRST MAP. So don't expect sooo much decorations, or a very long map. :)
    Thanks for reading.

2. I'll give your map a go, but you may want to upload some screenshots so people know what to expect.

SnailsAttack likes this.
  3. Skittl3s

Skittl3s Terrarian

Oh, thanks :D

4. Alright, I finished it. It's a nice concept for a map. I liked the design of the rooms, they looked nice. But it's a bit short. I feel like it has potential to be a pretty great map if you added a lot more rooms. Of course, you don't have to add more to it, this is just my opinion of it. :) (Btw, you can quote posts using the "Reply" button on the right).

5. Skittl3s

Skittl3s Terrarian

Ok, I missed the first one :v And thanks for playing! Do you think I have potential for my maps?

6. Well, as I said, yes. It definitely has potential.

7. Skittl3s

Skittl3s Terrarian

Yeah! I'm happy :D I'll keep making maps :) Do you wanna be my "Idea Giver"?

8. Nah, sorry, I'm not terribly good at making maps.

9. Skittl3s

Skittl3s Terrarian

No, I mean like you give ideas. Like "oh, you should make a map about planets! And spaceships!" like that

10. I know what you meant, I guess my answer didn't really apply to the question though...Well, my answer is still no. Sorry man, I don't really have any ideas for maps.

11. Skittl3s

Skittl3s Terrarian

Oh. Well, I'm gonna make that idea anyways :D

DerpoTheMagnificent likes this.
  12. Good luck with that. :)

13. Skittl3s

Skittl3s Terrarian

Or maybe a WORM MAP
    damn

14. iab0803

iab0803 Terrarian

Hi! I just played your map, and I thought it was pretty fun! The only problem with it is it's length. I beat this map in about 3 Minutes. If you ever create another map, I'd suggest making it longer.

15. Blahsadfeguie

Blahsadfeguie Terrarian

As a first map, it was fairly solid. A creator's first map shouldn't be too ambitious, in my opinion. With little experience, it's certainly better to release a tiny map than to start a huge one and give up after hours of effort.

Personally I'm a fan of this type of map, where there are several self-contained micro challenges that focus on the challenge itself rather than making it pretty to look at. I'd advise sticking to this style until you become more comfortable with map creation. People will play them regardless :L

16. iab0803

iab0803 Terrarian

I'd have to agree with what you said, mostly. Being a first map creator myself, I can tell you that making a map around 30 minutes long can be made in the course of a few days, if you use TEdit, Free Items Mod, etc. I do agree that the style was very fun, and didn't make the map confusing, and ragequitting at the cobweb that is the challenges (Looking at you, Echo's of The Lost World :/).

17. Bissy

Bissy Terrarian

I literally completed this in less than a minute, but it was worthwhile

18. BlazedScorcher

BlazedScorcher Terrarian

I really like this map!

19. HyperionDragon111

HyperionDragon111 Terrarian

:hoppinjack:Neat! Short but it was a first! Keep going on to make your maps!

20. Red Slime

Red Slime Official Terrarian

This was interesting! I feel like helping out too