• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.4 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Pixel Art My Game's Artwork

Krypnoda

Terrarian
So I am making a game, and have recently started using GIMP for some of the artwork as I feel I can do better than I can in paint.NET. I am rather new to this, so any considerate critique is appreciated, along with any help. We cannot offer pay if you want to join, but it is fun to make a game. Feel free to edit the files and post them in the comments if you want to show me something with it.
Fauna
  • Rabbit

Made In: GIMP
Resolution: 30x29
  • Fox

Made In: Paint.NET
Resolution: 79x40
  • Deer

Resolution: 113x125
  • Wolf

Resolution: 95x78
  • Bison

Resolution: 235x140
  • Bear

Resolution: 134x88
  • Velociraptor

Made In: Gimp
Resolution: 150x70

Attachments

Last edited:

ppowersteef

Paladin
For a wolf, I feel like it has the anatomy of a deer.
Maybe a longer body or shorter legs and shorter neck will do.
Try also to shade the sprite a bit. sprites without any shading looks very simple.

Otherwise, it's not looking bad,
It's anatomy looks certainely better than that I can manage, since the last time I tried to sprite an animal.
I'm looking forward of further progress of your game, it's a big thing to deal with, but can really help to enjoy learning to program.

Krypnoda

Terrarian
For a wolf, I feel like it has the anatomy of a deer.
Maybe a longer body or shorter legs and shorter neck will do.
Try also to shade the sprite a bit. sprites without any shading looks very simple.

Otherwise, it's not looking bad,
It's anatomy looks certainely better than that I can manage, since the last time I tried to sprite an animal.
I'm looking forward of further progress of your game, it's a big thing to deal with, but can really help to enjoy learning to program.
What I do when I make these sprites is get a CC (Creative Commons) image and scale it to the game (1 meter=72 pi). I definitely need to work on the shading, which I will do in Gimp.
Here is the image I used
upload_2016-11-26_12-14-43.jpeg

Krypnoda

Terrarian
Added my first GIMP sprite, and all of the first update animals, if anyone has any suggestions for other animals, feel free to tell me.

Top Bottom