Console My guide is an idiot. Help.

Zerefdrag

Terrarian
Okay so after many days of researching I have finally joined some forums in hopes to get some sort of insite on what the heck is going on in Terraria.
I had a world (a great one, I might add) and died right before defeating the WoF. After I spawned I waited for my guide to re spawn for about 5 in-game days. After a week I finally gave up and created a new world with the same character and all of my goodies, rebuilt a house with a ton of NPCs and had already defeated 4 pre-hardmode bosses. To my dismay, the guide died by the hands of a zombie because he's an idiot, and after 48 hours he still hasn't respawned. What's the issue here?

Could be you don't have enough proper houses (32 inside blocks, door, table, chair, and a light), or it could be that something else is keeping him from spawning, check this wiki to see if you can find anything.

I know I have a suitable household as I have many empty rooms and plenty of other npc's have moved in since his death. :( and everything else seems to be doing just fine. I've read somewhere that if there is still some goblins left over from the goblin army (or other things to that affect) the guide won't respawn and I've taken that into account but considering I made a brand new world and I haven't had anything like that yet, I'm getting very frustrated.

The only other thing I can find that would stop him spawning is that there is an event going on or that another NPC spawned in the last two minutes, all I can say is make sure there's an open house, he might spawn later. It may also be that you can't be nearby, though I don't see anything on that, so go mining for a day or two I guess. And once he does spawn block the doors off so he can't get out and zombies can get in, that could help.

I know I have a suitable household as I have many empty rooms and plenty of other npc's have moved in since his death. :( and everything else seems to be doing just fine. I've read somewhere that if there is still some goblins left over from the goblin army (or other things to that affect) the guide won't respawn and I've taken that into account but considering I made a brand new world and I haven't had anything like that yet, I'm getting very frustrated.
Might be worth it to back up your saves and then re-install the game. Hiccups occur every now and then.

Just wondering, have you restarted the game since the last time you fought Wall of Flesh? Sometimes WoF gets bugged if you die or "escape" and lingers down in the underworld. If you get the
Horrified.png
Horrified debuff when going down there, then that's what happened. Restarting the game (not just exit to main menu) fixes it.

Back
Top Bottom