Both
Operating System
Windows 11
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
1711577306562.png

The error is: cloud provider is not running

1. Disable Steam Cloud: Alt click Terraria and go to Properties then in the general tab uncheck the box "Keep game saves in the Steam Cloud for Terraria"
2. if you do not have a Microsoft account you would need to create one. To the bottom right of your taskbar you will see a cloud icon, click that and go to OneDrive settings, accounts, choose folders. There you should deselect your Documents folder, if you cannot deselect it go 1 more in and deselect the My Games folder. If you do not see it in your taskbar you can find it in your Start menu, simply click the windows icon on the left of your taskbar and look for OneDrive open it up, it’ll open a folder just right click an empty space and click “settings” should be able to find accounts then choose folder from there.

I don't use Win11, but from external information gathered, due to how Win11 co-opts control of the Personal Files folder (including Documents, which Terraria uses) via OneDrive, the 'fix' to reassert control to the user would involve the Registry, and I really think that shouldn't have to be a thing. Because this actually requires an unorthodox fix, this report is valid.

I don't use Win11, but from external information gathered, due to how Win11 co-opts control of the Personal Files folder (including Documents, which Terraria uses) via OneDrive, the 'fix' to reassert control to the user would involve the Registry, and I really think that shouldn't have to be a thing. Because this actually requires an unorthodox fix, this report is valid.
Do you have some more clearer fixes for this? The copypasta I use works about 50% of the time and sometimes it's hard to determine why the error persists even after OneDrive has been uninstalled.

Back
Top Bottom