tModLoader MyCustomNPC

Miyabi

Terrarian
MyCustomNPC adds a true lost girl you can save. You can pat her and also give her some clothes.

To give her an armor, Select an armor you want to give, then click "gift" button.

v0.1.1
Fixed fatal error

v0.1
Released

MyCustomNPC adds a true lost girl you can save. You can pat her and also give her some clothes.

To give her an armor, Select an armor you want to give, then click "gift" button.

v0.1.1
Fixed fatal error

v0.1
Released
Could you show an example?

Could you show an example?
There you go!
95Fr7sD.jpg

Last edited:
Image doesn't work. I've see just this mod in the Mod Browser, and it's really nice having a 'customizable' NPC. It just can't use Modded items.
I replaced that link. Thank you. Modded items will be supported in a few days.

Last edited:
There you go!
95Fr7sD.jpg
Looks good!

A few questions -- Do you intend on a special way to acquire her (like how you must 'tame' the tax collector with purification powder -- which would be great for her imo), or will she already be friendly like other town npc's you must rescue in the wild? I'm really interested in the fact you can give her clothes/armor to wear -- does this mean she's almost like a mannequin that can display gear you give her, or is there more/less to it? Also any other features you have in mind for her?

Looks good!

A few questions -- Do you intend on a special way to acquire her (like how you must 'tame' the tax collector with purification powder -- which would be great for her imo), or will she already be friendly like other town npc's you must rescue in the wild? I'm really interested in the fact you can give her clothes/armor to wear -- does this mean she's almost like a mannequin that can display gear you give her, or is there more/less to it? Also any other features you have in mind for her?
Yes, I'm thinking about some way to acquire her. It will be adjusted. Yes, almost like a 'moving mannequin', but it is not compatible modded armors.
I'm preparing UI which like player equipment(include Dye and Accessory), hair color, hair style..., growing npc system and more. Finally, It will be nearly player.

v0.1.1
Fixed fatal error

v0.1
Released
What do you mean by "Pat" and are you planning on adding more NPCs?

I have a couple of suggestions.
First, Fix these bugs/glitches
Capture 2017-11-20 18_37_28.png

Before that, though, good job on what you have made so far! Hope you take it farther!
But, there are still some glitches.
First off, if she steps up a block, what she's wearing will glitch back behind her before going back to her. (basically, it takes half a second after stepping up a block for her clothes to do the same.
Capture 2017-11-20 18_43_03.png

Also, if you put a piece of clothing that takes up the chest and feet slots on her (like, for example, this robe, the Lunar Cultist's robe), it only shows the top part. The part of the robe that covers her feet doesn't show, even if you didn't have anything there before.

Now, time for suggestions.
1) Work out a way to dye specific pieces with any color dye you choose.
2) Make it so she can wear accessories (5 at most). Also, if you can, make those able to be dyed too.
3) Make her able to follow you around.
4) Make more options for actions towards her other than "gift" or "pat". I think you should add an option where you could talk to her, which makes her say something. The things she would say would be different than her greeting messages.
5) Based on your actions towards her, make her show different emotions (chat-bubble wise, like the game already provides) when around her or doing such actions towards her. Also change what she says based on that too. (example: when you first pat her, she gets angry and she'll say something mean, otherwise she'll just say normal things, then the more you talk to her, the more she seems to like you)

There. Some suggestions. Also, I say this again because I mean it: Good job on the mod! This is actually something I thought about being able to do when I first saw a lost girl and got killed by her nymph counterpart.

Back
Top Bottom