Weapons & Equip Nebula Blaze pierces enemies that it kills

How should we change the Nebula Blaze? Select all that apply.

• No changes should be made.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Baconfry

Terrarian
To be fair, this is something that many people may not recognize at first, but the Nebula Blaze is really not very rewarding to use. Roughly the same DPS as the Razorpine, much higher mana cost (by a ridiculous margin), and it tends to splatter against the ground because of its random firing spread. You could be forgiven for thinking that its high base damage makes up for all its flaws, but it still has lower DPS than the Nebula Arcanum and doesn't pierce. Unsustainable burst damage doesn't really have a place in Terraria PvE, and the Nebula Blaze is unimpressive even at its best.

My suggestion is to allow Nebula Blaze projectiles to pierce through enemies after killing them so that it can be used to more efficiently clear out swarms of weak enemies. It will still kinda be a burst weapon, but it will at least be very good at what it does. Plus, a Nebula Blaze EX cutting through a huge row of enemies is going to be extremely satisfying. I'll leave the poll here so you can express your opinion on this change and other potential changes. If you have a more nuanced opinion on this, or just general observations about the Nebula Blaze's current performance, please feel free to reply!

The first time I used the Nebula items I was really shocked at how awful they are. Pretty much any other magic weapon from Post-Plantera is superior, no contest. Take something even better than those like the Typhoon and you have 2 thoroughly useless weapons.

Yes , or if it it's explosion kills an enemy that enemy explodes and if that enemy dies by that explosion it explodes like a chain reaction

You have my support. The Nebula Blaze for me is quite underwhelming, especially as an endgame weapon.

I should make it clear that even if this buff went through- even if 10 more like it did- I don't believe the Nebula weapons will ever be "good". Compared to other Celestial weapons I believe they are incredibly bland and uncreative in their design, not to mention unintuitive; they have far less area of effect and homing potential compared to pretty much any other Celestial tier attack. Even compared to other post-Plantera magic weapons they share these qualities of being both uninteresting visually and useless mechanically.

If it were up to me, and I mean absolutely no disrespect to the sprite artists and designers who came up with the concepts, I would scrap them entirely. Extremely unsatisfying design.

Well, the Nebula weapons aren't very difficult to get since there is no punishment for dying during the siege against the pillars, minus any coins your carrying... it also helps that you are in complete control since you can craft the specific item you want; So as long as you have some spare wood and silk to craft a new spawn point, they are guaranteed. Considering how much easier these Celestial weapons are to obtain, it is only reasonable for them to be only marginally better at best compared to weapons that drop from significantly more difficult areas of the game like the Frost Moon or Duke Fishron. Lets be honest though, the only end-game weapon that truly needs special attention is the Celebration... just the thought of it dropping in place of an actually useful weapon alone is enough to make me shudder every time... seriously competes with the Copper Shortsword for most obsoleted weapons before even obtained.

Well, the Nebula weapons aren't very difficult to get since there is no punishment for dying during the siege against the pillars, minus any coins your carrying... it also helps that you are in complete control since you can craft the specific item you want; So as long as you have some spare wood and silk to craft a new spawn point, they are guaranteed. Considering how much easier these Celestial weapons are to obtain, it is only reasonable for them to be only marginally better at best compared to weapons that drop from significantly more difficult areas of the game like the Frost Moon or Duke Fishron. Lets be honest though, the only end-game weapon that truly needs special attention is the Celebration... just the thought of it dropping in place of an actually useful weapon alone is enough to make me shudder every time... seriously competes with the Copper Shortsword for most obsoleted weapons before even obtained.
That logic would apply if every other Celestial tower didn't have radically powerful equipment with outrageous DPS. The Nebula is the odd one out.

To be fair, the Arcanum can reach insanely high DPS values, and I’d use it over the Typhoon for bossing in most situations. Obviously it fails against monsters that move faster than its projectiles, but I don’t think it’s underpowered. The Arcanum, at least.

I agree, disappointing weapon. I never use it due to its ability to hit the floor way too often, and sucking mana like a building-sized vacuumcleaner.

Any buff would be welcome, although wall bouncing sounds like fun.

To be fair, the Arcanum can reach insanely high DPS values, and I’d use it over the Typhoon for bossing in most situations. Obviously it fails against monsters that move faster than its projectiles, but I don’t think it’s underpowered. The Arcanum, at least.
It's at least viable compared to the pink fist of fury, but the problem is that every enemy seems to move way faster than the sluggish Arcanum at that stage. Even when it actually hits its target the DPS is so variable and inconsistent that I end up feeling like I could have been doing more damage more consistently with the Typhoon or LMG. That isn't even mentioning the extraordinary mana cost and slow firing speed.

Also as stated I just really hate the visual direction they took.

Back
Top Bottom