Xbox One Need help on beating Fishron

YinaniY

Skeletron Prime
My fiancée and I play many games together but when it come to Terraria we can't get enough. Saying that, Duke Fishron is proving difficult. We have tried numerous times, plenty of different ways and cannot seem to defeat this boss. Any help or useful information would be greatly appreciated.

We both have:
-Full Beetle armour (shell breastplate)

-All equipped items at Warding profiencey

-Legendary Terra blade

My Xbox One gamer tag is: YinaniY

Any help would be great :D

I made a sky bridge out of asphalt from the ocean that covers about 2/3rds of the (small) map. Then I run run run away while using ranged attacks.

I haven't been able to beat him using melee or magic

If you need truffle worms I've got plenty

GT karns1041

Personally, I used a Godly Chain Gun and a Tactical Shotgun, with the appropriate Shroomite Armor. Ankh Shield, Flame/Ice Wings, Star Veil, Celestial Stone, and Frostspark Boots are all necessary. Make sure all accessories are either Warding or Menacing. Combo Chlorophyte bullets and Ichor bullets. It helps if your fiancée uses the Spectre armor with the hood, and make sure to keep Fishron away from him/her. The heals from the magic weapon (Golden Shower and/or Crystal Storm) will go to you if your health is low. It may take a few tries, but it's a lot easier to beat Fishron as a Ranger, with a Mage as support, as you can keep your distance.

Also, avoid Cthulunados. They pack a serious punch.

For the "arena" setup, you could make an asphalt pathway above the ocean, with heart lanterns and campfires spread out along it. Just follow what the other people have been saying.

Fly in figure eights or large circles around him. His charges will seldom hit you if you do this.

Once you do finally defeat him, you can use your Beetle Armor with the Flairon, one of his drops if you didn't know already. It drops him very quickly.

Hope this helped :)

I made a sky bridge out of asphalt from the ocean that covers about 2/3rds of the (small) map. Then I run run run away while using ranged attacks.

I haven't been able to beat him using melee or magic

If you need truffle worms I've got plenty

GT karns1041
Personally, I used a Godly Chain Gun and a Tactical Shotgun, with the appropriate Shroomite Armor. Ankh Shield, Flame/Ice Wings, Star Veil, Celestial Stone, and Frostspark Boots are all necessary. Make sure all accessories are either Warding or Menacing. Combo Chlorophyte bullets and Ichor bullets. It helps if your fiancée uses the Spectre armor with the hood, and make sure to keep Fishron away from him/her. The heals from the magic weapon (Golden Shower and/or Crystal Storm) will go to you if your health is low. It may take a few tries, but it's a lot easier to beat Fishron as a Ranger, with a Mage as support, as you can keep your distance.

Also, avoid Cthulunados. They pack a serious punch.

For the "arena" setup, you could make an asphalt pathway above the ocean, with heart lanterns and campfires spread out along it. Just follow what the other people have been saying.

Fly in figure eights or large circles around him. His charges will seldom hit you if you do this.

Once you do finally defeat him, you can use your Beetle Armor with the Flairon, one of his drops if you
[doublepost=1469270967,1469270514][/doublepost]Thanks for the advice fellas. Also would heart statues work well ? Personally I was thinking of making two long platforms with campfires, heart lanterns and heart statues wired up to 1 sec timers; go from one platform to the other whilst running back and forth between them.

We tried one of us being a Mage and the other Melee and Mage and Ranger but we didn't have any luck. We were all stacked with potions and buffs but still nothing worked that way. I'm being to sound like a real noob

oh i dont use that method any more i can kill him for u

We've killed him once but didn't get any good loot. I want to battle him again and get his wings or a Flarion.

The arena we used is good, we have campfires heart lanterns and heart statues connected to pressure plates.

Is there anything else that could be useful ?

I find that having the nurse on site is handy - when one of you gets low, get the other to aggro the boss whilst you mirror back to the nurse to heal, then run back in to attack. This can then be taken in turns. I used this tactic on every boss and it works very well.

Also, ironskin and endurance potions can be lifesaving.

Personally, when i'm using mage (which is most of the time against him) I have the Spectre armor (Hood AND mask) I use the mask when trying offense but switch out to the hood variant when my health gets lower.

For weapons, I try using fast, high damage, low mana weapons such as the Bubble Gun (« Ironically dropped by him), Razorpine or even the Bat Scepter.

For accesories (Mage) I use Warding wings (Doesn't matter what type to me), warding Celestial Stone, Warding Master Ninja Gear, Arcane Magic Cuffs and Warding Anhk Sheild.

Warrior - Dragon Armor.
Fast damage dealing weapon - Flairon (Again, dropped by him) Scourge Of The Corrupter and I've found the Terra Blade to be a lot better with auto-swing
Accesories - Same as mage except switch out Arcane Magic Cuffs for Violent Fire Gauntlet.

I don't bother with Ranged and Summoner, too weak and too slow.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom