Need help with a certain setup.

pimhazeveld

Terrarian
I am looking for a setup for a cool idea for a mobfarm but I need blocks to acuate and inacuate in a certain order and I have absolutely no idea how to do that.

Imagine I have 4 blocks to actuate with a 1 second timer. the first tick, the leftmost block will inacuate. Then after the next tick the block to the right of the inacuated block will inacuate, then the one to the right of that block inacuates and lastly the rightmost block inacuates. The next tick will acuate all blocks again and applying a signal to the timer will also acuate all the blocks. The blocks to inacuate and acuate do not have to be next to eachother as long as they get inacuated. Any ideas?

You can do what you're describing with a timer cascade. By hooking up a series of one second timers with alternating wire, you can stagger the actions by a second at a time. Have a look at DicemanX's video on the subject. If you still need help after we can put something together:

I'm new to all the genius things they do here myself (I haven't even fully learned hoiking yet), but judging by the youtube video, I think if you copy it's design (with fewer or more timers), and have the button on the teleporter start the next block's timer as well as shut the previous one down, you'd be able to get them all to actuate one after another. Then add a fifth one to reset all the blocks and restart the first timer, it might be easy enough to put together without knowing the more complicated stuff. Just remember to use only three colors on the blocks, since you'll need an unused color to be the reset for all the blocks.

Exactly Divusmors. I went ahead and put together a simple example:

Here is the wiring:

5pqDdd2.png

Exactly Divusmors. I went ahead and put together a simple example:

Here is the wiring:

5pqDdd2.png
That looks really good. It looks very similar to what I had in mind but im currently struggling with a setup so switching the lever turns off all timers and actuates all blocks. I know something that works but the wiring doesnt really work right now.

You can add a line of gates as a reset line (AND gate example), each attached to a timer, I believe. Or like this:

Or forgo the timers altogether (well, all but one) and use a sequential chain of faulty logic lamp gates (also with a reset line). We got one of those lying about here somewhere already...?

You can add a line of gates as a reset line (AND gate example), each attached to a timer, I believe. Or like this:

Or forgo the timers altogether (well, all but one) and use a sequential chain of faulty logic lamp gates (also with a reset line). We got one of those lying about here somewhere already...?
I've already managed to find a setup on my own that uses normal lamps and seems to work perfectly (other than creating a bit of pollution) I'm now looking how to make a gif from it to show here.
Which gif creator do you use btw? I've tried gyazo but that only makes gifs for up to 7 seconds which is not enough at all.

Last edited:
Hmm using a chain of faulty logic lamps would probably be easier. I ended up adding in gates for each timer and block for a reset mechanism. (You need to handle both the blocks and timers separately in this situation)

6xfKadh.png

I use ShareX to record my gifs then just upload them to gfycat in order to embed them on the forums

Last edited:
Hmm using a chain of faulty logic lamps would probably be easier. I ended up adding in gates for each timer and block for a reset mechanism. (You need to handle both the blocks and timers separately in this situation)

6xfKadh.png

I use ShareX to record my gifs then just upload them to gfycat in order to embed them on the forums

Ok I got this setup that works with just a single pressure plate. Now I can do some work on my farm setup :) The best part of this is when I first tried to make it but then there was solar eclipse.
[doublepost=1464441197,1464432407][/doublepost]Looks like my setup is not gonna work. I was planning on making a mobfarm using the damage dealt by bee hives landing on enemies because that did 200 damage but I tested it out and I was wrong :( well.

Back
Top Bottom