Need help with a wiring problem

Triicell

Skeletron Prime
I've ran into a bit of a complication with the wiring in Terraria. The problem is this: I connected up four heart statues to a timer with a one second delay, but it seems only three out of the four aforementioned statues function when the timer is active. To better illustrate this, I've attached a couple of screenshots to show what I mean.

Here is the general set-up of the statues (you may recognize the structure from the Terraria wiki for killing Moon Lord):
b37c8803c3.jpg

And here is the wiring structure for the four heart statues:
b1c209412d.jpg

Now I'm no expert at wiring - in fact this is my first time using it in a serious fashion - but to me that wiring diagram looks like it should allow all four heart statues to work. But the statue on the furthermost right-hand side to the top doesn't work at all; no hearts spawn from it. Likewise if I unlink the bottom one, the top one does produce hearts. So needless to say I'm in quite the predicament here.

I hope the wiring savants out there could shed some light on the matter because I'm at a total loss as to how to solve this. Maybe there is something painfully obvious that I'm missing but I don't know.

I appreciate any assistance on the matter.

I'm not sure about your main problem, but I can say that this is a waste of wire. You could have used half of those wires and made it function properly.

I'm not sure about your main problem, but I can say that this is a waste of wire. You could have used half of those wires and made it function properly.
Meh. Wire isn't really difficult to come by, and it doesn't exactly break the bank either. The quantity of wire used doesn't concern me, but actually getting the circuit to work does.

I'm sure the problem is not the wiring but the spawn limits. You can get maximally 3 hearts spawn within 18.75 blocks in all directions of your spawning statue, 6 within 50 tiles and 10 in the whole world. In that space, only 3 statues can work.

Last edited:
I'm sure the problem is not the wiring but the spawn limits. You can get maximally 3 hearts spawn within 18.75 blocks in all directions of your spawning statue, 6 within 50 tiles and 10 in the whole world. In that space, only 3 statues can work.
Huh. I never knew that. I mean, I knew there was a limit on the number of hearts that you could have in a world at any given time, but I didn't know about the number of hearts within close proximity of each other limit. The more you know I guess. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom