Video Never played Terraria until now and started a series on it!

Kroamar

Terrarian
I'v had Terraria on the PC for agggess and just always had it on my game backlist until now. Loving it a lot so far! The game style, the fact it's that much different to MineCraft and apparently this game has a but ton of features added. So I thought it'd be really fun to see how I progress through out the game learning and advancing and so I'v started a series to see how I go!! If any kind 'Terrarian?' has any tips in general I'd really appreciate some advice haha.

OH, almost forgot to link it :p

Cheeersss!

EDIT: Oh damn, Terrarian was the right word :D!!

- Kroamar

Any feedback would be awesome. I would say I wont take any of it to heart. But unfortunately I can't promise that...

You don't have to have items in your hotbar to use them. You can drag them from your inventory to where you want to put them.

Press ctrl to switch to smart cursor mode, which makes filling background walls in a lot easier.

You can hold shift to quick select light sources and tools. If you hold your cursor over a removable structure (excluding background walls), then hold shift, you can use the tool needed to remove it. If your cursor is over an open space near your character, you can hold and place a light source if there are any in your inventory.

You don't have to have items in your hotbar to use them. You can drag them from your inventory to where you want to put them.

Press ctrl to switch to smart cursor mode, which makes filling background walls in a lot easier.

You can hold shift to quick select light sources and tools. If you hold your cursor over a removable structure (excluding background walls), then hold shift, you can use the tool needed to remove it. If your cursor is over an open space near your character, you can hold and place a light source if there are any in your inventory.

Oh AWESOME! Thank you so much for the tips man. This will help loads xD!! Wouldn't of thought of it myself. Thanks for taking the time to let me know buddy. I didn't realise there were so many ways of making the game play so much smoother without inventory loitering.

Last edited:
Oh AWESOME! Thank you so much for the tips man. This will help loads xD!! Wouldn't of thought of it myself. Thanks for taking the time to let me know buddy. I didn't realise there were so many ways of making the game play so much smoother without inventory loitering.
You can look on the wiki for more information, or your in-game control options. I would love to see more of the series. It's rather entertaining to watch a fresh new player struggle to learn about the game through experience.

You can look on the wiki for more information, or your in-game control options. I would love to see more of the series. It's rather entertaining to watch a fresh new player struggle to learn about the game through experience.
Thanks for the information dude. I'm sure the wiki is my best friend lol. I'm looking forward to getting further. I made another episode too!

A couple more tips: You don't actually need a workbench to make platforms. And despite what you'd logically expect, a wooden sword is better than what you start with.

Your voice is very enjoyable to listen to, i haven't found myself getting bored of you what so ever.
You seem very chilled out and i enjoy this. Your reactions are great aswell "Its like a pizza crust".

Also, when making content Terraria is a naturally "dark" game so for the veiwers make it easier for us to see and you aswell by having more than enough torches than you think you need because you'll be running out quickly.

actually you dont have to drag them

p.s.(not talking to Beleif here) you sound a bit like wheatly no offense meant

oh and stars can be used to craft a mana star which expands your mana bar (the blue stars by your minimap)

oh and try breaking that glowing purple demon altar:naughty:

Last edited:
actually you dont have to drag them
The only other alternative to moving things from your inventory to the world is using the hotbar, which I find tedious.

oh and stars can be used to craft a mana star which expands your mana bar (the blue stars by your minimap)

To expand on this, the Fallen Star is ammunition for the Star Cannon
Star_Cannon.png
, which is a gun crafted with a Minishark, twenty meteorite bars, and five fallen stars.

oh and try breaking that glowing purple demon altar:naughty:

You can break it with a hammer. ;)

Last edited:
The only other alternative to moving things from your inventory to the world is using the hotbar, which I find tedious.
I think amazing cabbage meant you don't have to click-and-hold, which is what "drag" usually means in computing. Although I have to admit that's a bit pedantic.

Play in 1280x720. It makes it easier to see the screen instead of seeing everything small. If someone was watching on a phone, they won't be able to see anything clearly as they would on a PC. Just down the resolution and it would look better.

Back
Top Bottom