Weapons & Equip New accessory that combines the 4 fire debuffs (HellFire, Frostbite, Shadowflame & Cursed Inferno)

GriegoMamey

Terrarian
Hello. My suggestion consist in the idea of having the ultimate fire debuff (aside from the Daybroken), this concept was wandering my head ever since the Shadow flame came to existence.

What am I exactly proposing?
  1. A new accessory called Chaos flame Stone which grants the ability to inflict Chaos flame to enemies and players (applies to all weapons).
  2. A new debuff called Chaos flame which has all the effects of the cursed flame (no health regen, extra 10% knockback, can't be put down by liquids like honey or water) and this next part might be the most discussed because is the #1 balancing factor: 79DMG per second it's the result of all flame debuff's damage combined, but this might be too much. The duration could be a flat 12 seconds.
  3. A new crafting recipe for the Tinkerer's Workshop, the requirement for crafting could be: 1x Frozen Core + 1x Magma Stone + 20x Cursed Flame + 1x Weapon with Shadow flame.
  4. The Oiled effect applies to this debuff.
  5. The debuff will take precedence over all the other flame-like DoT's used on it's crafting recipe so you won't be able to stack Chaos flame with any o them.
  6. Has the same same enemies that are immune to it like the Daybroken debuff.
  7. The particle effect for simplicity sake could be the combination of the 4 colors of flames or a new yellow colored flame.
  8. A new icon could be the same design as the Hellfire but with a combination of the 4 colors of flames or a yellow colored flame to differentiate the debuff from the rest.
  9. A new tooltip could be: The chaos flame is turning you to ashes!
Why am I requesting this?
  1. The very concept of combining all 4 flame debuff's is satisfying on it's own, and the proposed name sounds cool IMO xD.
  2. It is also somewhat of a QoL improvement since now you can optimize your DoT adding up a flask, and a weapon with a different debuff which could result in very fun and over the top combinations, and there is no need to switch that much weapons for you to accomplish.
  3. The ranged and specially Mage classes don't benefit that much from flasks unless they use a weapon that allows them too, and mages also don't have that many competent weapons with debuff's, kind of a shame honestly, that is why I opted for an all class accessory that will be worth using the rest of your playthrough.
  4. I honestly couldn't think of any way of making it accessible without the need of a weapon with Shadow flame, this is the best option I came up with so far, being neither too easy or too complicated to obtain.
  5. Most people would say that they prefer crimson over corruption (loot/progression wise), with this item the corruption has more appeal as the starting biome, yes I know you can make the other evil biome so you can have both in your world, but it's an extra step you need to do regardless.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom