Blocks & Decoration New barrier-like blocks for maps & challenges

Kovex Play

Plantera
Recently after watching some challenge videos it occured to me that the only block tha you can't destroy pre-golem is the lihzahrd brick. The issue is, if you want to prevent players from entering a certain section of the world you need to place said bricks, use hardmode ore or not allow for tool usage. I think we should have a new more official way to hold players back. My possible solutions:
-add a new block with the strenght of lihzahrd bricks. For example "reinforced martian plating" that's crafted with martian plating at the ancient manipulator. I provided a concept artwork below
-add a new furniture item with area of effect where you can't place or break blocks ( like what happens in old one's army ). It could be deactivated by interacting with it. Although there might be some issues where this mechanic is abused so you would need to be careful
-change the pickaxe power of an already existing block like lunar brick
-add a way to prevent chosen blocks from being destroyed. You know, similiar to how echo paint was changed. It could be hard to implement so it's probalby the least likely option
This is a low priority submission but I still wanted to share my thoughts. Since 1.4.5 is going to have lots of qol updates then something like this could be a nice addition :happy:

My concept sprite:
SmartSelect_20230907_225708_Pixel Studio.jpg

Back
Top Bottom