Game Mechanics new class

bootr bawss

Skeletron Prime
ummmmm hi. this thread is about a couple of new classes I would want to see in-game (also new subclasses:merchantgrin:)

ARMOUR (class)

so for starters the new class I would want to see is called the armourer. basically the weapons are the armour. when you hover over a piece of armour for his class, it will say everything a normal piece of armour would, and the damage. the way It would work is the set bonus is always left mouse button does something and the right mouse does another thing. but it only works if you are not holding anything in your hand. theres another feature I had in mind so that if you had a full inventory you wouldn't be defenseless, but i'll get to that later. You could also augment your chestplate with cores. cores are like permanent buffs, and some do unique things. when you kill a mob, it would drop this mana-like substance. if you have a full set of armourer armour, there would be a meter on the left side of your screen. the mana-like stuff would fill up that meter, and when the meter is fully charged, you can press a certain hotkey that would release an ultimate move that would be specific to that armour.
gem armour
like the gem staves, these would be crafted using gems and bars
left-click sends out a gem-themed bolt
right-click shoots a cluster of these bolts
ultimate would be an exploding, homing bolt that pierces enemies and goes through blocks

golem armour
this would be crafted using beelte husks and solar tablet fragments
left-click shoots 2 yellow lasers, like the ones that the golem fires
right-click will thrust one fist forward like a golem fist
ultimate would be to boost the attacks, such as turning the lasers into heat rays that go through blocks and the fists explode

dry ice armour
this would be crafted using frost cores and forbidden fragments
left-click would rapidly shoot an ice laser
right-click spawns a sandnado at the cursor location
ultimate would either freeze or knock back enemies in a certain radius around you

chaos armour
this would be crafted using crystal shards and souls of light
left-click shoots a crystal bolt
right-click explodes crystal shards all around you
ultimate would let you teleport without cooldown with the rod of discord for 15 seconds

slime lord armour
this would be dropped by the king slime
left-click shoots a gravity-affected glob of slime
right-click summons a slime minion that despawns after a short time
ultimate would be that all mobs become friendly for 10 seconds

tesla amour
this would be dropped by tesla turrets and martian saucers with a higher drop chance
left-click fires a tesla bolt
right-click would shoot a lightning bolt
ultimate would unleash a barrage of homing rockets or a deathray that stays in place

nights armour
this would be crafted using the shadow, jungle, necro, and molten armours
left-click shoots a dark, high velocity, piercing shot
right-click fires a cluster of homing bolts
ultimate would engulf your enemies in shadow, inflicting a high, rapid, DOT to all enemies on the screen

true nights armour
this would be crafted using the nights armour and broken hero plating
left-click shoots a heat-ray-like cursed flame beam
right-click fires an explosive homing cursed bolt
ultimate would be a cursed wave in all directions, dealing contact damage and cursed flames debuff

true hallowed armour
left-click shoots an illuminate burst that explodes
right-click fires a storm of crystal shards
ultimate would shoot a holy all around burst, like the medusa's head, except with better range

terra armour
left-click would fire homing terra bolts, along with a terra beam, like the shadowbolt staff except without the bouncing
right-click would shoot a burst of 10 exploding terra bolts
ultimate would give you an aura around your cursor, that would deal massive and constant damage

AURAS (subclass)

another type of armourer weapon would be auras. there are four types of them, regular, orbiting, offensive and defensive. these would be accessories that release, you guessed it, auras around the player dealing damage to all nearby enemies when you press a certain hotkey. orbiting auras summon orbiting projectiles, such as phase swords, while they're out. the defensive types of auras are called shields. these block projectiles and push away enemies. there are also pulse auras, the offensive auras, which send out a wave of damage all around you, sort of like the pillar break anaimation.

TRANSMUTATION (subclass)

this is a summoning subclass, since the summoner class is lacking in my opinion. basically, when your minions do damage, it charged up this meter right beside the mana meter, and when that meter is fully charged you can use these talismans, which turn you into a specific creature. you can have melee, ranged, flying melee, flying ranged, you can even turn into something that summons other things

MIND CONTROL (subclass)

another summon subclass, this involves turning regular mobs into your minions, with a health bar and everything. this is done with a psycic crystal. this involves 'loyalty', which is the chance that your mob will stay mind-controlled. later weapons would have more of a loyalty chance, and buff stats of said mob, and even add moves to that mob, like projectiles it shoots.

RUNES (class)

this is another class concept I came up with. so basically, when you start the game, you can obtain a 'rune crystal' from any surface chest. its consumable you can only use one. it gives you an orbiting rune. over the course of the game you will get more items that give you runes. but you cant use the runes until you obtain a gauntlet. to use the runes you have to left click with the gauntlet. different gauntlets have different right click attacks. throughout the game you will obtain 'scrolls' which upgrade your runes, to do more damage and have special effects. runes attack by consuming one rune and shooting it at an enemy. the runes recharge eventually.

RELICS (class)

this is another class concept, relic weapons. these need a certain buff to be active to use, the 'blessed' buff. this buff can be activated by using ancient runes, which are consumable, and when you hit an enemy. the relic weapons are based different class weapons, like melee, ranged, magic, summoner. the weapons can do anything, from shooting projectiles to projecting shields

ESSENCE RODS (subclass)

this is a subclass for thrower, basically, essence rods are weapons that you spin around you like the sky dragons fury. while spinning you begin to charge an attack, like the last prism. when its fully charged it will move a bit to the right. when you release it a projectile will come out

ENERGY RIFLES (subclass)

this is a subclass for ranged. they are guns that don't use ammo, but do have an ammo count and have to reload

BRAWLER (subclass)

this is a subclass for melee. it involves using fist weapons. if you right click, left click, and right click, you can do a combo attack. the effect is same with left-right-left. if you hit the same enemy consecutively 3 times with a combo attack, you can release a super attack. you can also block by holding both buttons. blocking reduces speed and takes a few hits for you. number of blocks varies by weapon

Last edited:
Not a big fan of transmutation either, as it doesn't really fit the theme of summoner (or the game for that matter).

I actually had something to say, but it wasn't very agreeful so I just went along x)

Would it be possible to use weapons from the other classes with the armour class attacks?
the other weapons would take priority. hypothetically if you wanted to do an all class playthough, one of the weapons would have to be an empty slot

armour, when i read shoot word. its still ranger.
auras, tranmute ill call it summoner.

mind control = magic
its more like slime become friendly items but i think mind control could be a new class

armour, when i read shoot word. its still ranger.
auras, tranmute ill call it summoner.

mind control = magic
its more like slime become friendly items but i think mind control could be a new class
mind control and transmutation aren't new classes, they're summoner expansions
its not ranger because it doesn't consume ammo on use

so... update. originally this thread was going to be dedicated to the one class, that class being the armourer, and some summoner subclasses. but I had some ideas for new classes and put them up. they are: the runic class and the relic class. hope you enjoy!

ummmmm hi. this thread is about a couple of new classes I would want to see in-game (also new subclasses:merchantgrin:)

ARMOUR (class)

so for starters the new class I would want to see is called the armourer. basically the weapons are the armour. when you hover over a piece of armour for his class, it will say everything a normal piece of armour would, and the damage. the way It would work is the set bonus is always left mouse button does something and the right mouse does another thing. but it only works if you are not holding anything in your hand. theres another feature I had in mind so that if you had a full inventory you wouldn't be defenseless, but i'll get to that later. You could also augment your chestplate with cores. cores are like permanent buffs, and some do unique things. when you kill a mob, it would drop this mana-like substance. if you have a full set of armourer armour, there would be a meter on the left side of your screen. the mana-like stuff would fill up that meter, and when the meter is fully charged, you can press a certain hotkey that would release an ultimate move that would be specific to that armour.
gem armour
like the gem staves, these would be crafted using gems and bars
left-click sends out a gem-themed bolt
right-click shoots a cluster of these bolts
ultimate would be an exploding, homing bolt that pierces enemies and goes through blocks

golem armour
this would be crafted using beelte husks and solar tablet fragments
left-click shoots 2 yellow lasers, like the ones that the golem fires
right-click will thrust one fist forward like a golem fist
ultimate would be to boost the attacks, such as turning the lasers into heat rays that go through blocks and the fists explode

dry ice armour
this would be crafted using frost cores and forbidden fragments
left-click would rapidly shoot an ice laser
right-click spawns a sandnado at the cursor location
ultimate would either freeze or knock back enemies in a certain radius around you

chaos armour
this would be crafted using crystal shards and souls of light
left-click shoots a crystal bolt
right-click explodes crystal shards all around you
ultimate would let you teleport without cooldown with the rod of discord for 15 seconds

slime lord armour
this would be dropped by the king slime
left-click shoots a gravity-affected glob of slime
right-click summons a slime minion that despawns after a short time
ultimate would be that all mobs become friendly for 10 seconds

tesla amour
this would be dropped by tesla turrets and martian saucers with a higher drop chance
left-click fires a tesla bolt
right-click would shoot a lightning bolt
ultimate would unleash a barrage of homing rockets or a deathray that stays in place

nights armour
this would be crafted using the shadow, jungle, necro, and molten armours
left-click shoots a dark, high velocity, piercing shot
right-click fires a cluster of homing bolts
ultimate would engulf your enemies in shadow, inflicting a high, rapid, DOT to all enemies on the screen

true nights armour
this would be crafted using the nights armour and broken hero plating
left-click shoots a heat-ray-like cursed flame beam
right-click fires an explosive homing cursed bolt
ultimate would be a cursed wave in all directions, dealing contact damage and cursed flames debuff

true hallowed armour
left-click shoots an illuminate burst that explodes
right-click fires a storm of crystal shards
ultimate would shoot a holy all around burst, like the medusa's head, except with better range

terra armour
left-click would fire homing terra bolts, along with a terra beam, like the shadowbolt staff except without the bouncing
right-click would shoot a burst of 10 exploding terra bolts
ultimate would give you an aura around your cursor, that would deal massive and constant damage

AURAS (subclass)

another type of armourer weapon would be auras. there are four types of them, regular, orbiting, offensive and defensive. these would be accessories that release, you guessed it, auras around the player dealing damage to all nearby enemies when you press a certain hotkey. orbiting auras summon orbiting projectiles, such as phase swords, while they're out. the defensive types of auras are called shields. these block projectiles and push away enemies. there are also pulse auras, the offensive auras, which send out a wave of damage all around you, sort of like the pillar break anaimation.

TRANSMUTATION (subclass)

this is a summoning subclass, since the summoner class is lacking in my opinion. basically, when your minions do damage, it charged up this meter right beside the mana meter, and when that meter is fully charged you can use these talismans, which turn you into a specific creature. you can have melee, ranged, flying melee, flying ranged, you can even turn into something that summons other things

MIND CONTROL (subclass)

another summon subclass, this involves turning regular mobs into your minions, with a health bar and everything. this is done with a psycic crystal. this involves 'loyalty', which is the chance that your mob will stay mind-controlled. later weapons would have more of a loyalty chance, and buff stats of said mob, and even add moves to that mob, like projectiles it shoots.

RUNES (class)

this is another class concept I came up with. so basically, when you start the game, you can obtain a 'rune crystal' from any surface chest. its consumable you can only use one. it gives you an orbiting rune. over the course of the game you will get more items that give you runes. but you cant use the runes until you obtain a gauntlet. to use the runes you have to left click with the gauntlet. different gauntlets have different right click attacks. throughout the game you will obtain 'scrolls' which upgrade your runes, to do more damage and have special effects. runes attack by consuming one rune and shooting it at an enemy. the runes recharge eventually.

RELICS (class)

this is another class concept, relic weapons. these need a certain buff to be active to use, the 'blessed' buff. this buff can be activated by using ancient runes, which are consumable, and when you hit an enemy. the relic weapons are based different class weapons, like melee, ranged, magic, summoner. the weapons can do anything, from shooting projectiles to projecting shields

ESSENCE RODS (subclass)

this is a subclass for thrower, basically, essence rods are weapons that you spin around you like the sky dragons fury. while spinning you begin to charge an attack, like the last prism. when its fully charged it will move a bit to the right. when you release it a projectile will come out

ENERGY RIFLES (subclass)

this is a subclass for ranged. they are guns that don't use ammo, but do have an ammo count and have to reload

BRAWLER (subclass)

this is a subclass for melee. it involves using fist weapons. if you right click, left click, and right click, you can do a combo attack. the effect is same with left-right-left. if you hit the same enemy consecutively 3 times with a combo attack, you can release a super attack. you can also block by holding both buttons. blocking reduces speed and takes a few hits for you. number of blocks varies by weapon
The only thing i don't really like is the grammar xD, it made me stop reading half way through.
[doublepost=1504992527,1504992453][/doublepost]But i would like to point out one thing- the mind control class could be changed into the ''tamer'' class which uses tamed enemies to battle with.

Back
Top Bottom