Game Mechanics New Debuff - The Common Cold

Forty-Seven Rōnin

Eater of Worlds
Hello... *SNEEZE* sorry, *sniff* I have a cold and I thought it should be a debuff that has a chance to be inflicted by staying in the surface and underground ice biomes for one in-game hour, this chance is increased every 5 in-game minutes,
It does the following things...
  • A chance to "sneeze" knocking the player a few blocks backwards
  • In PvP dealing and taking melee damage has a chance to give your victim or attacker The Cold
  • The player walks ever so slightly slowly becuase he/she is cold this is increased in ice biomes but the player is immune to this in desert biomes
Heres how you would get rid of it:
  • Meds / Medical Drugs - you can consume them to get rid of it
  • Flu Vaccine - crafted with Glass and a bar of iron to get syringe and then combine the syringe with 2 med's - consumed to be immune to the cold for 1 in-game week
I hope you leik *SNEEEEEZE!!!* :(
Feel free to give any suggestions... btw sorry for lack of info.

Last edited:
We have Vitamins in game so that could be the immunity item. Also, instead of December event it should occur in Snow biomes and after contact with ice for like 1 hour. How about that?

For whatever reason I like this, although it would be annoying. I think you should have to get some item and consume it to get rid of the cold. Maybe you could also get a shot to prevent it in the future.

Some good suggestions...
instead of December event it should occur in Snow biomes and after contact with ice for like 1 hour. How about that?
I like where... *SNEEZE* *sniff* your going with that like one hour in game? and instead of contact wit ice, after 1 (in-game) hour in the snow biome you have a chance to have it inflicted, this chance increases every five (in-game) minutes and by 3 (in-game) hours this chance will be 100%.
Maybe you could also get a shot to prevent it in the future.
where would you get it? a drop? crafted? Oh... *SNEEEEZE* what about glass and an iron bar to get a syringe, and add 2 med's to get the vaccine and it would last an in-game week.
I think you should have to get some item and consume it to get rid of the cold.
So, instead of equipping med's you consume them? or an entirely different item?

I like where... *SNEEZE* *sniff* your going with that like one hour in game? and instead of contact wit ice, after 1 (in-game) hour in the snow biome you have a chance to have it inflicted, this chance increases every five (in-game) minutes and by 3 (in-game) hours this chance will be 100%.
So I'm gonna get a ridiculous near-permanent debuff just for staying in the snow biome for three minutes? Yeah, no. I don't mind a joke debuff with minuscule effects to gameplay, but having a chance to get kicked around out of nowhere(for playing a game longer than three minutes) is not on my nice list.

So I have to leave the snow biome every three minutes for two minutes so I can.... well, play? That's stupid.

You know how they applied the correct debuff, without too much hindrance on gameplay? Getting into water in a snow biome. Slow for 5 seconds after you got out. Yours is way too annoying to consider.

Look, I don't want to have to take unnecessary precautions to enter my favorite biome just because you have a cold, alright? The snow biome is no more a hazard area than than forest or jungle. If I don't need to have coolants when I jump into hell, or bug sprays in the jungle(or sanity checks for Hallow/Crimson/Corruption), then I bloody :red:ing :red: don't need shots for a cold in snow biome.

You want something cool, I get it. But think of the gameplay aspect, first and foremost. A near-permanent debuff just for being in a relatively safe biome for over three minutes is ridiculous, no matter how you spin it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom