Weapons & Equip New Magic Weapon, the Magic Bubble Blower!

Dakota Spine

Headless Horseman
Hey guys, Dakota here! I want to suggest a new kind of magic weapon with a unique usage. I call it the Magic Bubble Blower!

Obtaining
In order to obtain the Magic Bubble Blower, you will need to craft it. In order to craft it, you need:
1 Bubble Wand
5 Bottled Water
20 Crystal Shards
20 Pixie Dust
5 Hallow Bars
Station: Crystal Ball

This is the finished product:
Magic Bubble Blower.png

This is a shiny Hallowed bubble wand with a crystal tip and pink fluid in it's center.

Usage/Function
Now, what is this unique function you may ask? Well, it's no gun, I will tell you that! Once you use the Magic Bubble Blower, your body will be surrounded by a giant pink bubble, consuming 50 Mana in the process. While it uses a lot, this bubble will last five minutes!
Magic Bubble.png

Now, on how to use it, you simply move around with it! And with it around you, you have three basic attacks.
1: You can simply run into enemies with it to deal some damage
2: You have a small change of reflecting any enemy projectile. Of course, it's damage output will be slightly reduced, and it still needs to hit something.
3: A stomp attack of sorts. When you are in the air, hold Shift, and you will slam down in your bubble with incredible force! This does the most damage of all the other attacks. Once you hit the ground, you will float back up slightly. And if you are high up enough, you even shoot out a little shock wave once you hit the ground! It also ignored background tiles like Platforms, and only solid tiles will stop it.
You know you are using the stomp once the bubble has a pink glow/energy beneath it.
Magic Bubble Stomp.png

You will squish against the ground and bounce back up.
Magic Bubble Squish.png

Though, this comes at a cost. Instead of being freely able to move around, the bubble has a sense of momentum you need to pick up. So if you walk, you will be moving very slowly, but slowly gain speed. And once you are moving fast, you will need to fight it slightly to be able to turn around and such. You will also have a low gravity effect of sorts when you jump, as you will hit your head on the bubble's roof, sending it up. So you lose some mobility at the cost of power, though you may be able to master it's movements.

When you are hit, there is a very little amount of knockback as well, but nothing you can't manage.

You can also bounce off of walls! This causes the bubble to squish against the wall, and bounce!
Magic Bubble Squish Side.png

So once you have mastered how the bubble's momentum works, you can really do some damage with it! Don't forget you can still use any weapon, and even your grappling hook! Though, once you reach where your Grapple's hook is, it will pop right off to you bounce.

So just imagine you are fighting a Pirate Invasion. You begin to roll slowly, then faster, then faster with the bubble. You try to turn around, but the bubble still rolls. You jump up, and the bubble goes into the air, keeping that forward momentum. You grapple at an angle to the ground and bounce even higher as you bounce off it! You stomp to the ground, use the grapple again once you are in the air, and bounce off the walls! Soaring through the air at incredible speeds! You swing your weapons at the enemy while smashing down in a huge hoard of them! Zipping right by!

Stats
Damage: 35 (Stomp: 50)
Usage: Instant
Cooldown: 5 Minutes, 15 Seconds
Mana Cost: 50

Closing
Just imagine what you could do! You could take out waves of enemies with the stomp, bounce off the walls and smash into your opponents! Smash down to the ground from an extremely high height and launch skyward! Once you master the momentum, there are so many opportunities you could use with the Magic Bubble!

Also, some nice looking bonus sprites from Pigron, having some blue on pink for the bubble!
index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this suggestion. Leave any suggestions to improve the idea in the replies! Thank you all for reading. Dakota, out.

Last edited:
Alright, I made a sprite for it.
Magic Bubble Blower.png

A bubble wand made of Hallowed Bars, some Crystal Shards in it, and the pink fluid.

Also, how is the balancing? Along with the momentum, is the damage output and the reflection balanced enough?

Yeah, I meant Bottled Water. I forgot exactly what they were called.

Also, another things, should the Bubble Wand be used? I personally don't feel so since you would have to rely on getting lucky and getting the Party Girl to use it.
I think it should use the bubble wand. It's not really that hard to get the party girl, and if you have defeated a mech boss before getting her then your probably either a speed runner or you really don't like building NPC houses

I think it should use the bubble wand. It's not really that hard to get the party girl, and if you have defeated a mech boss before getting her then your probably either a speed runner or you really don't like building NPC houses

Yeah, that's true. I just wanted to keep random odds away from this suggestion. Though, I guess she really isn't that hard to get. Especially if you are into Hardmode at that point. Still though, I'll have to think about it.

I love this idea.

Also, I think it should definitely have the bubble wand included. The Party Girl is quite the easy NPC to get by the time you'd access this weapon.

Sorry to feel the need to ask, but does anybody have anything else to add? Or had this thread just run it's course at this point?

And a legitimate question, should it give the buff for it like a Minecart? Or eventually pop due to damage? Of course it would have a decent amount to last a while, but still.

Sorry to feel the need to ask, but does anybody have anything else to add? Or had this thread just run it's course at this point?

And a legitimate question, should it give the buff for it like a Minecart? Or eventually pop due to damage? Of course it would have a decent amount to last a while, but still.
it needs to have an upgrade that lets you get bosses because the normal one shouldn't or should the bubble gun to that?

it needs to have an upgrade that lets you get bosses because the normal one shouldn't or should the bubble gun to that?

I don't quite understand, but if I can try to, you are saying that it should have an upgrade to help fight bosses. And it should use the Bubble Gun to do it.

But, not everything needs an upgrade. It can still be helpful against bosses if used well.

I don't quite understand, but if I can try to, you are saying that it should have an upgrade to help fight bosses. And it should use the Bubble Gun to do it.

But, not everything needs an upgrade. It can still be helpful against bosses if used well.
nevermind... got confused with two simmilar threads...

Huh, I thought this would get a bit more feedback, saying it's suggesting a whole new style of battle. Maybe people just don't pay attention to bubble suggestions? XD

Anyway, I might attempt to sprite the bubble itself later. Though I'm not good at larger sprite. Or gradient.

Huh, I thought this would get a bit more feedback, saying it's suggesting a whole new style of battle. Maybe people just don't pay attention to bubble suggestions? XD

Anyway, I might attempt to sprite the bubble itself later. Though I'm not good at larger sprite. Or gradient.
I think my alt hallow (The Overgrowth) got only views.
Also, I could help with that sprite

Back
Top Bottom